The masquerade

DISCLAIMER: Credit the cover artist Maelwyth on Tumblr! Also to make it clear Arthur wears a yellow masquerade mask for males and Tyrian with a purple masquerade mask for males, also this is SOME kind of au but I can't put a pin on it

Arthur and Tyrian have been invited to a masquerade party, the couple's plans is all coming together. Both of them have to infiltrate big business people "Is it me or did Salem catched us a date?" Tyrian asked smirking and putting his mask on "I suppose you could say that, but it's also for a mission Tyrian, you of all people know that" Arthur responded putting his mask on as well "But she did say we have to pretend we don't know each other, that and because it's perfect for the masquerade ball" Arthur informed Tyrian "How would we even know what they look like?" Tyrian asked Arthur "Emerald and Mercury got us photos of them, they were just lucky enough to even get those photos" Arthur said showing photos "Oh this will be fun" Tyrian laughed maniacally a bit "She also said we can't murder anyone" Arthur said putting his gloves on "Damnit" Tyrian muttered and pouts.

Once they have arrived to the masquerade party they come in with their mask on and looking fancy, which is normal for Arthur but for Tyrian? Absolutely not this man has NEVER dressed fancy and probably never will, but for a guy like Tyrian dressing fancy Arthur has no chance to keep his eyes off of him. Arthur and Tyrian already started their infiltration separately, but it's kind of hard for Tyrian sense he has to hide his tail from anyone finding out he is a faunus so he isn't really enjoying his time in the masquerade ball, Tyrian was finally done infiltrating on who he needs to infiltrate but Arthur? He has at least two more.

Tyrian leaned against the wall with a drink in his hand watching everyone enjoying their time but mostly watching Arthur, some of the guests have asked Tyrian to dance with them but with Tyrian being loyal with his relationship with Arthur he denies those requests in a chaotic way. After Arthur was done successfully infiltrating he looked for Tyrian, even though they were ordered to pretend to not know each other that doesn't meant they can't have fun with it and when Arthur finally spotted Tyrian leaned against the wall he immediately rushed over to him, Tyrian saw Arthur making his way to him he got excited.

"Enjoying the masquerade sir?" Arthur asked already pretending to not know Tyrian "I'm absolutely BORED out of my mind" Tyrian complained taking a sip of his drink "Well why don't we make it interesting" Arthur offered to him "Oh? Well enlighten me" Tyrian said smirking "Well there are options such as dancing, doing a scheme, and stealing people's foods" Arthur expects Tyrian to choose doing a scheme "Well then mister, as surprising as it may be I choose dancing" Tyrian smirked "Well may I have this dance?" Arthur asked offering his hand to Tyrian "Gladly" Tyrian said putting his hand into Arthur's hand.

Arthur lead Tyrian into the dance floor, Arthur lays his hands onto Tyrian's hips as Tyrian rests his hand on Arthur's shoulders but here's the funny thing neither of them know little about dancing but they do try their best and practiced dancing with each other, so you know the dance floor will be a disaster. As the violins, piano, viola, and harp instruments played Arthur and Tyrian enjoyed themselves together by slow dancing "Hold on did you get information?" Arthur asked Tyrian immediately being curious "I have NO idea what your talking about" Tyrian teased and smirked as Arthur rolled his eyes, but of course Tyrian got information as he never wants to fail Salem even including Arthur "I'm serious dear, you know I am" Arthur said in a sharp tone "I'll tell you if you do the thing" Tyrian said putting his arms around Arthur's neck "Fine, but promise me you got the information" Arthur said rolling his eyes, his hands are still on Tyrian's hips and then dips him, Tyrian held on tight then Arthur kisses Tyrian and Tyrian kisses back and right after the kiss Tyrian immediately was smug "Yes I did get information, thank you dearest for that dip" Tyrian responded to Arthur's question earlier. When I said they both practiced dancing it was just mostly dipping each other, Arthur was concerned if he will accidentally drop Tyrian but Tyrian being Tyrian he would gladly take the fall.

After the masquerade ball their mission was finally complete and they got time with each other to dance, they arrived back to Salem and got inside they found everyone in the living room then Salem walks into the living room "Ah Tyrian and Watts, did you get information?" Salem asked them both in a calm tone "Of course my grace" Tyrian responded to her "Good, we'll discuss this tomorrow but for now rest" Salem turned away walking back to her room. Tyrian and Arthur looked at each other smiling at least in a non chaotic way, they went back to their room but instead of sleeping they danced all night with quiet calm music to set the mood.