Royalty au

DISCLAIMER: Credit the cover artist Maelwyth on Tumblr! Just to clarify semblances, auras, dust, and faunuses still exist in this au, and to clear up some things more Arthur is still a doctor and scientist in this

One of Remnants' kings has fallen into an eternal rest as he did he left Tyrian to be the king but with a few preparations helped with their grace Salem, the only downfall for the soon to be king is that he is in love with the doctor, Arthur Watts. Although with Salem's advice to not be able to have a relationship while being a king is pressure for Tyrian, to be a king or not Tyrian is willing just to risk that in being with Arthur but of course risks are prices to pay. Tyrian walked through the halls of the castle remembering how things were before the king died, a loyal servant to Salem but as he continued walking down the halls he runs into Hazel "Ah Hazel! It's nice to see you friend." Tyrian greeted with a small bow "Says the one who is soon to be king." Hazel commented "Ah yes well, I wouldn't call it a honor I would call it a pressure." Tyrian said almost in despair "Then why do it? You should have a choice shouldn't you?" Hazel asked with concern "I have to do it for our goddess, otherwise it will disappoint her and we don't want that now do?" Tyrian responded without being concerned with himself "Understood." Is all Hazel simply said before walking away "Ah one more thing! Where is our dear doctor watts?" Tyrian asked seeing Hazel walk away "In his room, as usual." Hazel responded yet to still walk way with Tyrian on his way to Arthur's room.

Once Tyrian has arrived to Arthur's room he didn't hesitate to knock but to open the door immediately, he finds Arthur studying and when Arthur finally noticed the faunus walked in and the doctor stood from his chair "Ah Tyrian, and how are you soon to be king?" Arthur teased taking a small bow "Oh please don't, but I'm doing just fine." Tyrian responded with a small giggle as well "I'm assuming you are here for something?" Arthur asked raising an eyebrow "Well I'm not as excited as you think, the downfall I have is that our goddess advised I shouldn't get involved with being in a relationship, no matter how much I want to." Tyrian said feeling despair and guilt, of course he kept his love for Arthur a secret but little does Tyrian doesn't know, the dear doctor is in love with the faunus. "And I'm assuming this is someone I know?" Arthur asked being suspicious making Tyrian let out a laugh, Tyrian really can't believe how dense Arthur is to even ask that question "It is someone we know Arthur, but I'll never tell you." Tyrian teased but feeling the need for Arthur actually deserves to know "Well you're not that mysterious if I must admit." Arthur teased back, but Arthur does wonder if it actually may be him and if he would get an answer on that, of course he would question why for the gods sake why.

Tyrian and Arthur have been through so many things such as numerous attempted assassinations, dance parties as they danced together claiming to be platonic, meetings, Salem's plans, Cinder's shenanigans, and scars but with all of that they stood beside together. Everyone knows it's impossible that they are platonic really "Even though our grace has set me up to be the king I'm still thrive for love." Tyrian sounded almost yearning "Well may I suggest go for it? Tyrian I do deeply care for your joy and safety." Arthur practically yearned with Tyrian, from that moment Arthur said that they both fell hard for each other and Tyrian felt comfort. It's actually quite amusing how they got along, it was loathing on James Ironwood and Jacques Schnee and from that moment on Cinder knew how much they would get along.

"I can't disappointed our divine goddess Arthur." Tyrian felt helpless in this situation, he will do anything to make Salem proud and put his wishes after Salem "Tyrian you absolute fool I love you." Arthur immediately realized what he said and felt fear "What?" Tyrian asked staring at Arthur in shock "Wait I meant a DIFFERENT Tyrian yeah! A whole different Tyrian." Arthur tried covering up his mistake, but little did he know there is no other Tyrian neither of them know. At this point both of them felt shock and joy.