Useless

The Elder has come out to announce Ellera's condition. She can't manipulate an element. That means she will remain normal. She won't change unlike the others. Even if it doesn't happen, she likes herself. She likes her white hair, her white iris eyes, but she looks plain, yet she looks rare and beautiful.

The teens had already started their training. They were pair into their element and Duvessa is alone.

"Duvessa, come join me," Zuleima invites Duvessa.

"No. Duvessa will train with the Elder," one teacher forbids.

"You should go train the students and stop worrying about us," Zuleima snaps at him. Both girls walk away from the rest but the Elder walk from where they're heading.

"Calm down Zuleima and Duvessa," the Elder say. She wave for the teacher to leave. "Why don't you two train with me,"

"That's great," Duvessa say and then see Ellera standing alone. "What about Ellera?"

"She can't manipulate elements, how could she train with us?" Zuleima ask.

"Yeah... Let's go," the Elder turns Zuleima and Duvessa around then lead them to a private room where she'll teach them their elements.

"But Elder, Ellera..."

"It's okay, Duvessa, I will have someone help her," the Elder say.

Just training for a few weeks, the Elder notice something about Zuleima's and Duvessa's manipulation. Zuleima's fire burns hot and bright. Her fire is larger than any other students, but because of that, her hands are burnt. So from there on, she wears a glove to hide her hands until she takes them off or burn them when she uses her fire.

On the other hand, Duvessa can already solidify and liquefy metal, any type from weakest to strongest. She can create anything with just the thought of her mind.

After learning what they have to, Duvessa and Zuleima ditch the Elder's lesson. They both train together, fight each other, and seek for professional help from books.

Two months went by quick and everyone has started their phase of change. Water users are starting to have their blue eyes and blue hair. Earth users changing to brown eyes and brown hair. Air users are having their green eyes and green hair. Electricity users are having their golden eyes and golden hair. Fire users are having their red orange eyes and red hair. Lastly, metal users, grey eyes and grey hair. Yet, Ellera stays the same, white eyes and white hair.

As Ellera walks through the halls, people look at her. They are so full of color and she is plain. She envy them. The past months, she had been practicing by herself. She wants something to happen whenever she looks at each of the elements but they just stare back at her. She had become hopeless and try to ignore the voices who talks about her behind her back. Can she really be... Nothing?

Ellera with a full head of thought has walk into a practice fight between Duvessa and Zuleima.

"It seems the worthless Ellera has come to play with us," Duvessa breathlessly insult Ellera.

Ellera snaps out of her thought and wonders why she's here. "Me?" She asks.

"Who else here is useless other than you?" Duvessa raise hands and look around. "Get out!"

Ellera finally notice everything and quickly leaves, "S-Sorry!" She apologize right before she leaves the room.

"What a moron!" She hears Duvessa and a laugh from her.

Ellera tells herself she isn't what Duvessa claims her to be but something tells her that maybe it's true.

She heads to her class and spends the rest of the day in silent until she runs into Duvessa again.

Ellera turn a corner and collides with Duvessa. Her face plants on Duvessa's left collar bone area before stumbling back.

"Watch where you're going, you bum!" Ellera tries to apologize but her jaw is grabbed and she's force to look up to Duvessa. Duvessa is almost six feet and Zuleima is definitely over while Ellera is standing at five ten. "Cat got your tongue?" Ellera tries to speak but Duvessa is holding her mouth tightly shut. "Ah, dumb and useless. Tell me something, why are you still here?"

People around them laugh at Ellera's vulnerability. They even went as far to repeat the word 'useless'. Ellera, so embarrassed about herself, wishes to disappear but she can't. She close her eyes and wishes for someone who would save her but everyone hates her. But then, she feels the release on her jaw. Ellera immediately pushes Duvessa away and turn back to run. She push people out of her way and cry as she runs home.

From there on, people starts to pick on her. They bully her and harassed her, even Duvessa. She tries her best to fight back and later develop a confidence in her. She promise herself to not let anyone bring her down, not even Duvessa. She will fight for herself even if she can't manipulate an element.

"Elleraaaa..." Duvessa calls behind her. She ignores the metal user and continues to walk. "Oh nooo, don't ignore meee," Duvessa's sarcasm makes her feel ill. "You got a dollar I can burrow?"

Ellera mentally sigh. Not Duvessa asking for a portion of her lunch money.

"No, go away," Ellera say as she picks up the pace. Duvessa grabs her hand and it made her stop, almost falling too because of how fast she was walking. "I don't have a dollar for you," she turns around and see the smile on Duvessa's face. It ticks her off and she just wanted to slap the metal user.

"That's fine. How are you holding up?"

Ellera is confused by the question. She wonders if Duvessa is up to something. Perhaps she is. Slowly, Ellera turns and walk away.

"Oh have you found your manipulation yet?" The question made Ellera stop. The reminder brings shame to herself. She starts walk again as her visions go blurry. The tears fall down her face and she wipes it away. Yet it keeps falling like rain.