Hideout

Ellera

Duvessa holds my hand and lead us to my so called hiding place built by Ezekiel.

I am the first to enter and then Scarlett. We went to sit down and notice that Duvessa and Zuleima didn't come in. They're outside talking and then Zuleima shouts.

"You don't trust me!"

"I didn't trust anyone! She's the rare user, what do you think what will happen if people know!" Duvessa yells back.

Scarlett and I run out and get in between them.

"Stop!" I push Duvessa away as Zuleima shouts.

"I could've help!"

"And how would I know that!" Duvessa push me to the side like I'm nothing. I pull her back but Zuleima got in her face.

"Cause I'm your First, your issues are mine."

"You are no longer my First!"

Both of them huff and glare into each other's eyes before Zuleima step down. She leaves and Scarlett follows her.

"Duvessa, calm down," she toss me a cold look and walk away. I didn't follow her, I just watch her.

Back then, I had to help. I had to expose myself because I could no longer be the useless Ellera. It was justice for myself.

I stay inside and hear a low voice. It's Ezekiel!

"Who's there? Ellera?!" He ask.

"Yes!" I shout so he doesn't hurt me. I step out with my hands up and he laughs.

"Relax," he tells me. I put my hands down and smile. "I'm guessing your secret is expose. Where is Duvessa?"

"It's a long story, Ezekiel," I sigh.

"Well I have time."

We both hang out inside and I tell him everything. He was really interested in what Duvessa and I did. He also agree that what Duvessa did was reasonable. I think it was too.

"So everyone just left you, will they return?"

"I hope so, I don't want to be alone."

Mumbling is hear outside so we stay quiet. Ezekiel went ahead and peek out.

"It's Scarlett and a fire user. I'll assume she is Zuleima," he guess.

"Yup," I confirm.

He comes back to sit down like nothing happened and then the door opens.

"Ezekiel!" Scarlett shouts and comes over to hug him. He happily hugs her back.

"Scarlett, very nice seeing you again," they pull away from each other and Scarlett introduce Zuleima to him. "Very nice to meet you too, Zuleima."

"Yes, hello Ezekiel," Zuleima say.

The four of us sit in silence as we wait for Duvessa. I should go look for her. Right as I stand, Ezekiel stops me.

"Where are you going, Ellera?"

"I'm going to go find Duvessa,"

"That's okay. I know this place well. I'd find her in no time if she is lost" Duvessa lost? That'll be something to hear about.

"Okay, be safe," I bid him then he heads out. Why do I feel uncomfortable around Zuleima even though Scarlett is here to make sure nothing happens.

"How long did you find out?" Zuleima immediately ask me.

"Two days before your birthday."

That was it. She didn't say anything else. The silence fills the room and I play around with my elements.

"I'm going to rest a bit," Scarlett say then heads to a room. No! Don't leave me here with Zuleima! Luckily, Duvessa and Ezekiel's laughter made me relief. That was fast.

Ezekiel and Duvessa enters the house. He points at her while laughing.

"She got lost," he laughs some more and I join in.

"I never thought that was possible," I comment.

"Everything looks the same. Luckily, I was close by," Duvessa explains herself.

"Well, now that you all are here and Ellera's secret is expose. I will let you know that I'll protect her like you all.

"Ezek-,"

"I will protect Ellera," he interrupts Duvessa. She nods and sigh. "Now, who's hungry?"

"Me," I raise my hand.