Heart Break

Ellera

I have come to a decision after two week of being by myself. It may not be the best but it's for the best. I also can't believe Phoebe and Duvessa wants a useless person like me? I won't benefit them at all. What do they even see in me?

I head to the fire club. Every fire user in there are training with each other. I was able to wave down Glives. He came over and ask what am I here for. I told him I wanted to see Phoebe. Glive nods and went somewhere. I quietly wait outside in the hall before hearing Phoebe call my name. She didn't give me any time to react, she quickly hugs me. I hesitantly hug her back.

"I miss you," she tells me after pulling away.

I give her a small smile. "I miss you too."

"So how have you been?" She ask.

"Good, and you?"

"A lot better now seeing you."

How can I hurt you when you've done so good to me?

I look down and sigh.

"What's wrong, Ellera?"

"Phoebe, I don't think I can do this anymore,"

"What do you mean?"

I look up to see her with a sadden look. She tries to grab my hand but I take a step back.

"Ellera..."

"I'm sorry. I really don't want to do this but I have no other option,"

"I'm the other option," she takes a step towards me.

I sigh and feel my tears stinging my eyes. Along with that, my lips quiver.

"I choose Duvessa..."

Phoebe release a sigh this time and look around as she shakes her head.

"I'm sorry," I apologize. I don't think we can be friends after this. I don't think I do.

"Ellera, I am so such better than Duvessa. Can she do half of the things I've done to you?"

She can't. No one can better you on the things you've done. I love every moment we spent together, every kiss we had share. Trust me when I say that this is the hardest decision I have ever made.

"Talk to me," she please.

"You are better, but I'm destine to be with Duvessa whether I want to or not,"

"No, you don't have to! You have a choice," Phoebe reach for my hand and I let her. "I love you Ellera, do you understand?"

I tightly shut my eyes then open them again. Once I do, I pull Phoebe into a deep hard kiss. I'm so sorry. This wasn't what I plan how it'd go. I release her from the kiss then turn around and walk away. Phoebe didn't say anything, but I know deep down she wanted to stop me. I wipe my tears and head my way to Duvessa.

On my search, I found Scarlett and Zuleima. I stop them on their track and ask for Duvessa. Zuleima didn't want to tell me but Scarlett did.

"Duvessa told us she'll be in her private lounge. Maybe you can check there," Scarlett say.

"Thank you," I leave them and wonder how many private lounges do they have. I might just check it's the one she took me to and hope she's in there.

I raise my hand and stop myself from knocking. I didn't even consider that what if she doesn't want to see me. Yet, here goes nothing. I knock and wait. It was a full minute wait until the door opens.

"Ellera..." She is surprise to see me. I also notice she got a hair cut.

"Hi," I greet her with a small smile.

"Um... What are you here for? How'd you find me?"

"I asked Scarlett, she told me you'd be here so I came to check. I'm glad you're here," my heart beats fast. I wouldn't be surprise if she slams the door in my face.

"I guess you can come in," Duvessa gets out of the way and opens the door wider. I step in and she closes the door. I notice there are a few poetry books on the table and couch. She really enjoys reading them. "So um,"

I went ahead and pick up a book. I turn to a random page and look at her. She crosses her arms and wait on what I'm going to reading. To make her confuse, I close the book and set it back down.

"I love you Duvessa," I confess then hold my breath.

"What?" She steps close like she couldn't hear the first time.

"I love you," I say it quiet and clear.

A smile manifest on her face and she dares to hide it.

"You do?" She ask.

"I do. I love you," I say it the third time just in case she asks me again.

"Wow," she sighs and put her hands on her hips. I know, it's surprising to hear your victim say they love you. "Well, I love you too."

I smile and nod. I know.

Duvessa holds my hips and pull me to her. I went and rest my hands on her strong arms like I always do whenever we're holding each other, whether it's good or bad intentions.

"What do you say we go out star gazing tonight?" She ask.

"I'd say that's perfect," I reply.

Duvessa smiles and her eyes drop down. I wait for her to just lean in to kiss me but she didn't. Her eyes met mine again then she embraces me. I lay my head on her shoulder and close my eyes.