Baby

Scarlett

Exiting Martha's house, Zuleima and I meet Fraser, Jade, Amista, Stella, Lucius, and Darwin. Half of the First and Second.

"Zuleima! There you are," they come to us. "Where is Duvessa and Ellera?"

"Why do you need to know?" Zuleima ask back.

"We found out a few days ago that all the Council has put out a bounty for Duvessa and Ellera. We're here to help." Said Lucius.

I don't think I could trust them. I hold Zuleima's hand and she looks at me. I can tell that she's cautious too.

"Where are the rest?" Zuleima ask them.

"We split up five hours ago. We plan to meet at Sila's Forest whether we find you and Duvessa or not," Fraser answer.

Zuleima pull me inside Martha's house. She looks at us but didn't ask why we're back. She probably was listening to our conversation too.

"Stay here with Martha. I'll go check," Zuleima tells me. I shake my head.

"It could be a trap. What if they harm you?" I ask.

"They could but then you'll know that that's a lie. I'll be okay, Scarlett," she kiss my lips then leave before I can stop her.

"Zuleima is right," Martha finally speak. "It isn't safe for you and the baby also." I touch my stomach and sigh. Please be safe, Zuleima.

Two hours later, Amista comes in without knocking. She looks at me then to Martha.

"We have to go," her tone and words made me worry. I didn't think twice before exiting the house. I gasp and cover my mouth. Zuleima stands there with Ellera in her arms.

"What happened to Ellera? Where is Duvessa?!" I run up to check on Ellera and notice she got electrocuted. I look over to Fraser who keeps an expressionless face. "Explain this, Zuleima!"

I can't believe it! Are they doing the Council's bounty? No, no! Absolutely not!

"We're taking Ellera back. She is dangerous and should not roam freely," Zuleima answer me.

"H-how? She... Do you even know the intentions of the Council. It could be dangerous for Ellera and she is the only energy user!"

"The Council knows everything and they know what's best. Ellera has to go back and these First and Second are helping me," Zuleima turns around and carry Ellera away. My heart aches. Jade takes my hand and we follow the rest of them.

Once we land in District Five, I left them and went inside a building to sit down and think about what just happened. No, what just happened?! Zuleima betrayed us. Half of the First and Second betrayed us. I worry what they did to the others. Now, I might get tag with them because I came back with them. What are they going to do to Ellera?

"Scarlett, there you are," Zuleima comes and kneel in front of me.

"Do you know what you've done?" I ask her. She better knows.

"I did for what's best. We don't have to worry about anything anymore," she holds my hand.

"What is wrong with you? How? I thought you would never do this to Duvessa and I? You were there when the Head Council attacked. She fought along with you and she saved you!" I push Zuleima away and stand up. The issues stresses me.

"I rather have it easy!" She pulls me against her. "Do you see those Councils out there? I rather not get on their bad side."

"And that means betraying your friends and me?" I cup Zuleima's cheek as my eyes water. Her face relax and she nods. "I can't believe you."