Friends

Duvessa and Zuleima are the first to congratulate First Fraser and Second Darwin. Everyone cheer and clap then the Head Council announce a celebration tonight before all First and Second get send back home. It is also a celebration to crown the District Champions.

"So Duvessa forgave you?" Scarlett ask Ellera.

"She said sure so I'm taking it as a yes," Ellera answer. Her friend laughs.

"That is great. I missed the two of you together."

"I missed her too."

Right after she said that, the door opens and the two walks in. Zuleima smiles and went to hug Scarlett.

"You look so happy for losing," Scarlett chuckles.

"We had to," Zuleima pecks her lover's cheek. On the other hand, Duvessa and Ellera stares at each other. Soon, Duvessa gives in and smile. Ellera returns it and approach her.

"Can I have a word with you?" She asks.

"Sure," Duvessa allows. "Zuleima, Scarlett, we'll be right back."

The two of them leave the room to go to their room.

"I'm hoping to start over with you," Ellera states. Duvessa give it some thoughts before suggesting something.

"Let's just be friends. We can still be close to each other but not in a relationship."

"That... That sounds fine."

They stay in silence until Ellera shrugs and storm out to return back to Scarlett and Zuleima. Duvessa follows behind.

"You two talked quick, what was it about?" Scarlett ask.

"Nothing important," Ellera quickly reply. Duvessa gives her a glance and shakes her head.

"Let's go eat, I'm hungry," Scarlett sighs. Zuleima chuckles and help her up.

The four of them head to the cafeteria and Scarlett can tell that something is wrong between the Second and Ellera. Whatever they talked about, it must have been serious.

Throughout lunch, neither of them talk. It got to the point Ellera stood up and leave.

"What now? I thought you two are good again," Scarlett asks Duvessa.

"What? I forgave her like you said. She's just mad that I want to stay as friends this time," Duvessa explains.

"Ok fair," Scarlett leave it like that and Zuleima didn't add anything.

Tonight, the celebration begins. Everyone dress casually and attends to the Great Hall. All fourteen chairs are set by where the First and Second usually sits. The First and Second sit in order and comfortably chill around and talks amongst themselves.

Zuleima left the group to be by Scarlett. The others haven't heard the news yet but it should be exciting once they do.

"Isn't that your mate?" First Amista points to the crowd. Duvessa look to see Ellera dancing with a fire girl. It instantly made her mad as it reminded her of Phoebe. Ellera sure knows how to make the metal user pissed.

"Yeah," She confirms and look away.

"And you're allowing this?" Amista chuckles. "I would never."

"We aren't okay right now so she's doing this to get back at me,"

"Oh, what's the issue? Maybe I could help?"

"She cheated with her ex a month ago. I stayed mad those days and Scarlett pressured me to forgive her. I did and told her I wanted to stay as friends then she got mad, or upset,"

"That is a lot,"

"Cheat back!" Stella stick out to suggest something. Duvessa scoffs.

"No, they're mates. It's just childish to return the act back. But did she apologize?"

"Multiple times," Duvessa answers Amista.

"Was it genuine?" Duvessa shrugs at the question.

"You know what? Forget it, let me go get us a drink," Stella got up and leave.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," they return back to the topic.

"It's already over,"

"I would've done worst."

Middle of the celebration, the District Champions were crown. Fireworks are shot into the sky to show congratulations. The sight is beautiful to see. After that, everyone left to dance except for Duvessa. She is left to her thoughts about defying an order of the Head Council. What will happen and will she expose herself to protect herself? Could she be strip from her title or could she be exile?

A hand came into her view. She looks up and it's Ellera.

"Will you dance with me?" Ellera ask. Duvessa's eyes drop down to Ellera's hand again. She debates with herself before taking it. Ellera smiles and take Duvessa down to the dance floor. Together, they get into position and dance to the slow music. Neither of them talk though, they just appreciate each other's presence.

"How strong are you in your manipulation?" Duvessa whisper so only Ellera can hear.

"It's strong," she reply.

"Is it a lie?"

"No. Why'd you ask?"

"I just want to be updated,"

"Well it's going great,"

"Good."

Once the celebration ends, groups by groups, people empty the Great Hall. A few stick around to clean up. Duvessa and Ellera head back to their room and got themselves ready for bed. They sleep together and held each other.

"Friends don't do this," Ellera comment. Duvessa chuckles and gently caresses Ellera's back.

"Sleep, you need it."