District Three

Ellera

Today marks a month of being alone. A month of being avoided by Duvessa. A month of being miserable. It feels like those years of being unwanted again. I should've stayed like that.

Last week, I saw Duvessa with Femi, an air user. They seem really close to each other. I couldn't help but feel hurt. Maybe Duvessa felt like this when Phoebe and I were still together. Everytime when we make eye contact, she would quickly look away. Does she knows how much that hurt? Maybe not as much as I hurt her. And everytime I go up to her, she quickly find an excuse and leave without uttering a word. She acts like I'm not even there. Like I don't exist to her anymore.

In a two days will be the District Champions event. All district's First and Second will come together in District three. It's the center of all districts so that's where everything will take place. Since there are seven districts, there will be seven Firsts and Seconds. A duo will be assign to duel another duo until one is crown.

A really important update on my powers. I discover that I can withdraw energy. I tested on plants. According to my research, if I withdraw all energy, the plant will quickly die within three days. If I withdraw a good amount, it'll be okay but it'll take time to recover to its normal self. So based on this study, I assume it'll be the same for a person. Add on to that, I can give energy to the plants. Only if Duvessa is still here, she'll be my experiment...

God, I miss her so much.

In the afternoon, Scarlett came to get me. I wonder why but I didn't question. She takes me to the First and Second building which confuses me more. I stop her before we can enter.

"I feel like I shouldn't," I tell her.

"How long are you and Duvessa are going to ignore each other?" She ask.

"Until Duvessa is happy to talk to me?"

Scarlett laughs. "You'll be waiting for a very long time."

"She doesn't want anything to do with me,"

"Just apologize and make a promise."

"It sounds too easy."

"That's because it is."

I sigh and Scarlett opens the door. We walk in at the same time as Duvessa and Zuleima are coming out of the elevator. My heart flutter from just seeing Duvessa. She trimmed her hair and looks beautiful. I stare at her but she avoids me. I just want to see those grey eyes.

"Why is she here?" Zuleima ask. She interrupts my thoughts. I look at her and Scarlett holds my hand.

"Ellera is coming with me. With us." She announce. I watch Duvessa walk away, carrying her backpack.

"Why?" Zuleima continues to ask.

"Because I can have someone to talk to when you both are busy,"

"Fine. Tell her to get packing, we'll be leaving in thirty minutes." Scarlett turns to me and smile.

After packing my stuff into a backpack, I head out to meet them. We walk to the automobiles and got in one. Scarlett and Zuleima sit next to each other as Duvessa and I sit together. The two of us face them and already, they're being cute. Right now I should start a conversation with Duvessa but I'm afraid she won't answer me back. I hold my breath and touch her hand with mine. She turns to see our hands and leave it alone for a few seconds before pulling away and cross her arms. It's hopeless.

This is awkward. I'm just watching Zuleima and Scarlett tease each other while Duvessa is asleep. Maybe being with her is worst because I don't know what to do when she won't communicate with me. And now she's planning on sleeping for the rest of the ride to avoid talking to me. I mentally pull my hair out. It's mad frustrating.

Luckily, I brought a poetry book. It's a new one I haven't read yet but I will read a few right now. If it works out the way it played in my head, Duvessa could be the first to talk to me. Two minutes in, she turns and rest her head on my shoulder. I tense up and look at Scarlett. She smiles as she can totally see my tomato face right now. I let Duvessa lay her head on my shoulder and put the book away. I can't read when she's a distraction.

We reached district three in thirty minutes. I wake Duvessa up and once she does, she looks outside. Duvessa groans and I can tell that she doesn't want to be here. Once the mobile land, we are greet by District three's First and Second. Zuleima and Duvessa hugs them and it seems that they're all know each other.

"Woah, who are these two?" The Water user ask.

"Oh ho ho, no, don't tell us, we know," the Earth user chuckle. I don't know who is who

"Your mates," the Water correctly guess. Duvessa sighs. "Now which one of you is Scarlett and the useless girl?"

I have a name.

"This is Scarlett Field and that is the useless girl," Zuleima tells them. My mouth opens a bit for the audacity she has.

"It's Ellera Ardalan," I introduce myself. They smile at me.

"I am First Viggo and this is my Second. She's also my mate, Lune." Ah, so Viggo is the Earth user and Lune is the Water user.

"Nice to meet you, Ellera," Lune shakes my hand without my consent. "You all must be tired, especially you Duvessa. Let us bring you to your rooms and please enjoy yourself. The event isn't til two days."

Viggo and Lune take us to a building then leave us there. We got two rooms, one each for the First and Second. I'm guessing Duvessa and I will have to share a room together.