Scarlett's Sacrifice

Amista and Darwin drops Duvessa's arms when they saw the gate. The door, the pieces of it are chipping away. It's getting suck in actually. They step close to it then look at each other. The fragile door looks like it'd break in any moment. In fear, they run back to Zuleima to inform her. But the weather made by Ellera made it hard for them to run against.

Slowly, Duvessa wakes up. She groans as her head hurts. She is disoriented by where she is but she remember that she was in a fight with Zuleima. The thought of Ellera made her get up. That made her vision blur and she blinding reach for something to hold. Something suck her in and she panics. She looks to find half of her right arm is in a door. She cuts the arm off and generates a new one.

"The Gate of Fie... it's real and it's going to open. So Zuleima wasn't lying all this time," Duvessa say to herself. She moves away and hold her pounding head.

"Duvessa! Are you okay?!" Kit yells. Duvessa peeks to see him running up to her.

"I'm okay, where is Ezek?" She asks.

"Fighting two people, he told me to come help you,"

"Kit, I need you to go back and get Ellera. Any moment now, this gate will open. We need her to seal it up!"

"Ellera is still fighting, why don't you go back and help her?"

"Just go! Do as I say. I need to watch over this gate, it cannot be open,"

"But Duvessa-," Duvessa grabs him by the throat and slams him to the nearest object and that is a tree.

"You will not disobey me! Go. Find. Ellera." She pushes Kit away then look back to the gate. Two third of the gate is gone. How will Ellera stop this?

Duvessa steps back and with her metal, she tries to seal the gate. It did not work and all that happen is her metal getting suck in into the void of darkness.

"How can I slow it down?" She asks herself.

"Duvessa!" Scarlett yells. She comes to Scarlett and a side of her face is red.

"Are you okay?" Duvessa ask.

"I was helping Ezek. We defeated them, is... is this the Gate of Fie?"

"Yes, we need Ellera to stop this,"

"Step back," Scarlett gently push Duvessa away.

"Scarlett I tried, we need Ellera right now,"

"No. Ellera would have to use the same element as me,"

"Light?" Duvessa guess.

Scarlett nod and place her hands to the door. Her element flows out of her hands and to the door. Like the metal, it's getting suck in. Duvessa watch for a bit then shakes her head.

"Let's wait for Ellera, only she can fix this-. Scarlett, stop!" She yells when blood starts pouring out of Scarlett's nose and mouth.

Scarlett turns to look at Duvessa with a smile. "Please tell Zuleima that I love her." Before Duvessa can question, Scarlett thrust her element in Duvessa and that blasted her away. Duvessa witness the rest of the gate collapse then Scarlett shine really bright. Duvessa close her eyes and hit the ground hard. Something hit against her and send her off flying again. She felt her body fly through trees and is knock out when her head hits against a rock when she landed.

The powerful wave caused by the opening of the gate takes down trees. It rips them off from the ground with their roots and tear the nature apart. The wave also threw everyone off their feet even the almighty Ellera. She lost control of her power and they disappear. In her mind, she knows something bad happened. She can feel it.

Ellera slowly gets up and blood drips from her cheeks. Tree branches smacked her and it didn't feel good. She looks around at the damage. How could one gate do this much damage?

After getting up, what she sees ahead of her shocks her. She limp her way to whatever barrier it is then touch it. She can't touch through it. It's like a wall and on the other side, she sees nothing. Nothing but darkness. The gate opened but it didn't consume everything. Ellera still wonders why but her mind made her think of Duvessa. Duvessa was brought to the gate so where is she now? What happened to Duvessa? Ellera search around despite her pain. She sees everyone but not Duvessa. Ellera doesn't want to think of the worst so she continues to search.

If getting kicked in the head wasn't enough, landing head first on a rock was enough. Duvessa holds the back of her head as she rolls to her side. She can feel the dry and wet blood. She groans in pain and wait for a couple seconds before opening her eyes. Everywhere is dark and eerie. She looks for the gate and Scarlett but she can't find them. She thinks it's probably because she flew too far. So Duvessa tries to get to where the gate and Scarlett was, except when she gets to the familiar place, the gate and Scarlett isn't there. Duvessa looks around but there's nothing. No sign of the gate or Scarlett. Her fear is that the gate had open.

Duvessa hurry to where to fight happened. She keeps going and see something really bright ahead. The sight confuses her. After taking a step, she collided with something. A wall or a barrier. She stumbles back but went up to it again. On the other side, there's nothing but the light. She looks behind her and it's all dark.

'What is the meaning of this?' She thought.

The banging on the barrier made her look back. It's Ellera! She puts her hands on the barrier but she can't go through it. Ellera keeps pounding on the barrier but nothing happens.

Two lovers, trapped in their own world. Separated by a barrier that prevents them from being together. Ellera gives up and place her hands where Duvessa's hands are on the barrier. Her eyes water and she says something but Duvessa cannot hear it. Duvessa tries to talk back too but Ellera can't hear a word. They both stop and just look at each other.

Behind Duvessa, a loud roar is heard. She looks back and as if Ellera heard it, she shakes her head. Another roar echos through the base of the mountain. Duvessa doesn't know what it is but she would not like to meet it. She looks at Ellera one last time before walking away.

"No! Stop! Duvessa come back!" Ellera bangs on the barrier as she cries. Duvessa can't hear her and she won't change her mind. She watch Duvessa walk into the darkness alone then disappear. In defeat, Ellera falls to her knees as she cries to herself.

The End.