Air

Duvessa

"I have found every one of them just like you requested," the Librarian tells me. I raise a brow as I look at her and around her.

"How much?" I ask.

"None, no records of that,"

I burst into laughter. My humor is broken and she shush me, saying it's a library.

"I'm sorry," I sigh and let out a little laugh after. "It's okay, but I have other strange questions to ask you,"

"I'll answer if I know,"

"Do you know the meaning behind faded ink from the Monrona ceremony?"

"Oh no, that is horrible. Did it happen to you?"

"Uh, no. I overheard a conversation," I lie.

"That means your mate or you have lost feeling for one another,"

"Oh okay, thanks for explaining. I'm going to look around for a bit," I give her a smile then walk off.

Two years ago, I didn't like Ellera. I just like to tease her. Maybe there something I didn't notice. Maybe it was her who liked me, but why would she? Maybe during that period we got a little too personal with each other and a little feeling was involved. I still swear I felt no attraction towards her, but I do now? How could I? There's no reason at all.

I halt when I hear her quiet laughter. Ahead, she's reading with the fire user whose name I don't know yet. But it hits me. We were mates before I left and then she found someone which erased our ink. It clicks. No, I'm not jealous or anything. I don't know how to feel 'cause I never like her. I leave the library and head to grab some breakfast.

After having my breakfast, I take the long way back to my place. Walking down the hall makes me remember of those old times I would stop Ellera on her way to class. She was always good student. Mentioning about her, she's walking towards me. She won't be noticing me if she keeps looking at her paper. What is she looking at anyways? I'll just purposely bump into her.

I hear water slithering on the floor then hear the crack. The water has has been frozen and then Ellera slips forward. I was close enough to catch her and I did. I held Ellera's waist as she grabs onto the sleeves of my shirt tightly. We stare at each other. I think I see a little grey color in her eyes. Momentarily, she pushes me away.

"Is this one of your tricks?" She ask.

"No," I deny. She looks at me suspiciously then continue to walk pass me.

"Who's the fire user?"

"Her name is Phoebe, and she's my close friend,"

"Not lovers?" I turn around to face her again, but her back is towards me.

"Soon to be," she answer then start walking away.

Soon to be.

Once I return back to my suite, Zuleima was outside waiting for me. I walk up to her and greet her good morning.

"Do you want to train?" She asks. I shake my head. "Not feeling it?"

"We've been fighting for one full year, I need my rest," I tell her. "Why don't you go spend time with Scarlett? I'm going to the public training ground,"

"For what?"

"Observation."

I went inside to change my clothes then head back out.

In the training ground, so many people train together, fight each other. Duos against duos but from their attacks, it's no hope. Just ten minutes in, they have bored me. They already notice me and is trying to impress me. Some even challenge me, but I turned them down. My attention is mostly on air users, but their techniques are already the ones I got down. I want to test my air element but I don't want to risk anyone knowing, not even Zuleima. I just want to use it during desperate times.

"Duvessa!" Someone calls my name. I don't know who did, but I wonder what they want. "I challenge you to a one on one duel!" I scan them until my eyes land on a electricity user.

Electricity.

I get up and put my hands in my pockets before I walk down the stairs to mix in with the crowd. Everyone back away and trap us in a circle.

"You sure?" I ask him.

He nods and get into a attack stance.

"I'll make it easy for you, make me take out my hands from my pockets and you will get yourself a title match," I offer. He smirk and nod.

"That's great, are you ready?"

"Take your first shot," I allow him.

He immediately shoot electricity balls at me. I want a taste of it so I didn't move. I have never got electrocuted since battling for the titles. On my quests, I only run into mostly fire, water, and earth users. So, as crazy as it may sound, I want to be electrocute.

I watch as it ball hits my abdomen. The sparks spread throughout my body and I feel the stun. It wasn't painful at all. Just a static feeling. Pathetic.

The guy continue to send his element at me but it literally does no damage. It must be the bracelets? Fallon did say it's electricity resistant.

"Wait, wait, time out," I tell the guy after the last electricity ball hits me. He looks at me blankly then nod. I pull my hands out and take the bracelets off. "Sorry, I forgot I had these on." I shove my hands back in my pockets then nod. "I'm ready."

The guy made a bigger ball then sent it my way. I close my eyes and take deep breaths. I feel the ball hit my chest. It can literally kill me, what am I doing?

"Ahhh!!!!" I scream out and drop down to my knees. I breathe hard and then the guy laughs. "Your element..." I look up at him with a smile. "Is so weak," I stand back up and jerk my chin up at him. He looks horrify and launch many balls to me. I stomp on the ground and pull a metal wall in front of me. It absorbs all the attacks and then I kick it. The wall melts into metal shards and I send it his way. He tries to run but I chase him with my metal. He couldn't escape as the shards stabs him on the back.

"Anyone else?" I ask. Immediately, everyone charge my way. Yes. Air at this time...

I turn one eighty then summon the air. Suddenly, the wind picks up and create five tornadoes. It pick every single one of them up and spin them around. I watch with a smile. A minute later, I slowly kill the wind and it drops them steadily. Piles of bodies were laying on top of each other. No one is standing, but me.