Challenge?

Duvessa

For the next few days, Zuleima and I had our nose in the textbooks. We are searching for anything that could help us but I think we should've made a plan.

"Oh, listen to this. It talks about the rare elements," Zuleima said.

"Light, darkness, and energy?" I ask.

"Light and Darkness," she answer. "It says, light will always defeat darkness but darkness will always linger behind light. That is strange, is it a riddle?"

"No, I think it's just explaining,"

"Light is a force from the sun and the heavens... Darkness is from the evil within... People who are known to possess the elements are twins,"

"Makes sense..." I rub my chin.

Zuleima and I left the books for another day. Nothing we found was a useful information. We head to the lunch room and I see Ellera walking alone. I purposely shoulder bump her from behind and continue walking.

"I hate you, Duvessa!" She yells. Zuleima and I laugh as we ignore her.

"I can't imagine being her," Zuleima said to me.

"Neither can I. How many cases does a person not possessing an element?"

"I once saw a report claiming fifteen non users in the last four decades. They just disappear never to be heard or seen again. Maybe Ellera will end up like that,"

"Yeah, this is no place for her."

Disappear? What if they formed a secret society that's only for non users? It could be possible, and that could only be a matter of time before they come and take Ellera. If so then I will have no one to pick on. I can't let that happen then.

Zuleima and I got our lunch and avoid being watch. Mmm... So uncomfortable. We settle down at an empty table and no one dares to approach us. Ugh, we're not scary though. I look around and yes, they're still staring. I found Ellera again and watch her leave the cafeteria with her food. Where does she usually eat?

"Ahem, afternoon to you First and Second," someone grabs my attention. I look and see Thea. Kenzo is behind her with his arms crossed.

Wow, sometimes you just fall in love with the looks of a water user. Their eyes, it's like you can see an entire ocean in there. Kenzo is also a water user.

"How are you two?" I ask.

"We are great. We're here to make a challenge," Thea say. She seems to be the talker for her duo.

"Challenge? Zuleima and I love challenges. What is it?"

"For the titles," my brows shot up. It's only been a little over a week since we got crown. But a challenge is a challenge.

"Zuleima, what's your input?" I ask her. She smile and eats her grapes. "Well then, you got yourself a challenge. Shall we go to the coliseum right now?"

"No, since you accept it. The challenge will begin in our terms. Whenever we want," she smiles then they both walk away.

"Well interesting," Zuleima comment.

"Yeah, I was hoping for an immediate fight but they coward away," I grab a grape and start peeling the skin off before popping it in my mouth.

"Two water users. Navy herself was already hard to take down, I wonder how different would they be,"

"Not much. You and I have improve since the last fight, we can sweep them in like five minutes,"

"Right."

After we finish our meal, we head back to Zuleima's loft. We did more random research and found out about ancient artifacts. We also remember the museum we used to go to. Maybe they have some? We plan the visit for another day then head out to the training ground.

"Zuleima, I wonder when will we get our first quest," I lay on the floor with my arms and legs spread out.

"Hopefully soon, I want to get out of here and ride the hover automobile," she say then lay down with me.

I sigh and look at the ceiling, "I want to collect souvenirs,"

"We should talk to the Elder then, maybe she could do something," Zuleima recommends. I turn my head to look at her.

"Didn't Navy and Jaraza get their first quest in six month after being crown?"

"It was seven but we can convince the Elder that we are more prepare than any of the former First and Second,"

"Exactly, we are,"

"Ugh, there are still much more to do."

We both groan and sit up. I think it's best if we take things slowly and take one step at a time. Our main focus right now is research and second to that is the challenge that we accepted. I wonder how good can they be with their element, but I will battle them any time over an electricity user.

"Come on, let's practice some more before we call that tutor to help us with the upcoming tests," Zuleima taps my knee.

"It's funny how we're the First and Second and also academically first and second," I chuckle as I stand up. "Things just comes so easily to us,"

"And we will remain on top until we get send off to a hundred year old quest, which in history, only one duo did. A fire user and a metal user,"

"That's... Amazing," I step back and get attack Zuleima.

As of now, Zuleima and I are practicing our senses. It seems to be something we lack and we want to stay as sharp as possible. One of us will take turn being the offense as the other tries to dodge the attacks. We succeed most of the time but we need to make it perfect.