A Test

Scarlett

"Walk properly!" I hiss at her as she leans her weight onto me.

"I'm trying, but just let me sleep," she mumbles. I stop and help her sit down.

"If you sleep, you may never wake up again," Hopefully this helps her. I watch as she sigh and rest her head against the wall. Her eyes are closed. Seriously?! I slap her cheeks. "Fight through it! Oh my god! Zuleima!" I yell and hit her but she isn't even fighting back.

"Scarlett, stop!" She push my hands away.

"I need you right now, you useless fire user! Ugh, I hate you so much and if you don't wake up... I'm going to hurt you worst than blinding you!"

"Duvessa... Let's go training..."

Is she sleep talking? No, no no.

I pull Zuleima back up on her feet and she leans her weight back onto me again.

"Are you always this difficult? If so, I feel bad for Duvessa," I huff. "Honestly, I think you're childish,"

"Take me to my bed," she request, sounding like she's drunk. How old are you anyways? Can you even drink?

"Whatever you want," I roll my eyes.

I take Zuleima to the First and Second building. By now, she doesn't want to talk to me and I'm not sure where to go next. So I pat her down and got her access card. I've only been here once so hopefully, I can bring her to her room.

I accidentally open the door to the pool room. You know what? You're heavy too and my shoulders are hurting and burning from your fire. So why don't I... Drop you in the pool. I did just that. I push Zuleima into the water and it made a splash. Before me, I see Zuleima panic and gasp as she resurface. After doing so, she clings onto the edge and look at me. I look back with a smile.

"What happened?! Why am I here? Did you throw me in here?!" She question me. Finally! She's awake!! Fully awake.

I quickly summarize everything for her as she starts cooling herself in the water.

"Then we must go find this Kayla girl," She gets out of the water then look at herself, "After I change,"

"You're very welcome, by the way,"

"Sure, thanks."

All I did was follow Zuleima. She seems to know where she's going. I'm not sure if Kayla would be gone by now. Zuleima and I enter a building and went up a flight of stairs. We walk into a room and I see the Elder. She's meditating but is distracted by us.

"Where is she? Where is Kayla?" Zuleima asks.

"She is gone by now," The Elder answer without opening her eyes.

"So what is the meaning for all of this?" Zuleima starts walking towards her.

"Kayla was just a test to you and Duvessa,"

"From who? You? Why are you even doing this?!" Zuleima's hands lights up on fire. "You better give me something before I burn you,"

"Zuleima, she's the Elder. You can't touch her," I remind her.

The Elder smile then open her eyes. "This was a test from the Council. They're just making sure you two are capable at your jobs,"

I hear Zuleima huff and then she sends a fire ball at the Elder. My eyes widen as she really plans to attack the poor old lady, but her fire was stop by an invisible force.

"From now on, any useless acts from you or the Council, I will not hesitate to burn any one of you," Zuleima kills her fire then turn around. I turn back and follow her again.

"So what now?" I ask Zuleima.

"You woke me up by using what again?"

"Moon water,"

"How did you make that?"

"With a full moon, you leave water overnight. The next morning, the water should turn milky," I explain.

"Then we'll just have to do that,"

"But we won't have a full moon until maybe in fifteen or sixteen days,"

"Then do you know anything else?"

"No-" I freak out when Zuleima turns around and pull me into her chest. I was going to push back because of feeling her burning skin, but then I saw her arm extend behind me. I look back to see Zuleima holding a rock.

"Someone's here," she claims. I am frightened yet amazed by her senses. Like the last time we fought and she got blinded, how did she know where my punch was coming from? Ouch! I notice I'm still clinging onto her and her skin burns hotter. I push myself away and touch my hot cheeks. I'm not blushing, I'm getting roast by her.

"Show yourself!" I demand. We waited until a group of five earth users shoot themselves out of the ground. Oh, wow.