Martha and Ezekiel

*my phone is acting up. This will be the last chapter for today until i purchase a new phone or use something else. Enjoy and thank you for liking and commenting. I love it 😏*

Ellera

Duvessa and I have just sign out. We are going on a quest. The mission is boar tusks, but really, it's not what we're going for. It's my training.

"Ready?" Duvessa ask.

"Yeah, I'm excited,"

"I am too."

We get on the hovering automobile then wait for it to take us to our location.

"This view never bores me," I say.

"It already bored me," I chuckle and look to Duvessa.

"Cause you've seen it too many times,"

"But you did too," she's right. I shrug and continue to look outside. Duvessa holds my hand that's on my lap. "Will you wear my Second ring now?"

"I shouldn't," I say without looking at her. She gave me a lot already, three rings and a bracelet. It's great, but her Second ring. I love her but it seems to not be the right time. "Maybe someday."

We stop talking after that. I stay awake the whole flight there as Duvessa takes naps. Seriously, she should try and stay awake. It's not even comfortable for sleeping.

Once we're drop off, Duvessa lead me.

"We are going to visit someone first. She... I trust her. Scarlett trust her so I will too," she informs me.

"Who is she then?" I ask.

"She is an elderly Earth woman. She seems to know a lot and I just get a feeling of being safe around her,"

"She must be nice and sweet,"

"She can be."

The walk wasn't long, just an hour and fifteen minutes. We come across a small village and Duvessa told me this is where her first quest was. It's nice.

We went to a small house and she knocks. Us being tall, we kinda duck down a bit. The door opens and a short five foot six woman appear. She looks old.

"Do I know you? You look very familiar," she looks to Duvessa and ask.

"I'm Duvessa, do you remember me?" Duvessa answer. The elderly woman tilt her head then smile.

"Of course! It's been long and you have grown! How are you, Duvessa and who is this fine lady with you? Wow, what are you?" She looks to me with confusion.

"May we come in first? The information is sensitive," say Duvessa.

"Oh, yes. Absolutely," she let us in then give us water. We settle down by her fire and unfold the story.

"This is Ellera. She's my mate and for years everyone thought she was elementless, but this month she showed signs," Duvessa holds my hand.

"What user is she? An Earth?" The woman ask.

"I'm actually an Energy user," I correct her. The expression of her was hilarious.

"Yes, she's an Energy user and we can't let anyone know about it because of threats and people may come after her once they know. That's the reason why I came to you. I hope you have a hiding place for her if anyone ever finds out."

"Energy user... The most rare element of all. Show me," said the woman. I happily did so. I pull out a ring of Duvessa's and float it in the air. After that, I liquify it. This is shocks the woman. I solidify the ring again then wear it.

"There's the proof," Duvessa say.

"I know someone who hides better than anyone else," even me? I'm pretty good at hiding too.

The Earth woman leads us over three mountain. I didn't enjoy it but at last we are here.

We walk to a house and the woman knock. No one answer. So whoever is in there isn't home. Duvessa and I look at each other before wood snaps. Duvessa quickly turns around and got defensive.

A few feet from us is this big giant man. Him? He's big and bulky. How can he hide better than anyone else?

"Ezekiel Enger! It's me!" The woman push us away so she could be seen. Duvessa stand back normally and look to me. I held our stare then back to the man.

"Martha! Hi! Hello!" He jogs over to us. Ok, he looks mean but he sounds really nice. "How are you?" He lower himself to the woman's height. She pinches his cheek and they laugh.

"I am good. How about you?" He ask.

"Busy as you can see,"

His attention turns to us and his smile disappears. "And who are they?"

"This is Duvessa and her mate, Ellera. They're here to seek help,"

"What help?"

"Important help. Let's go inside and talk about it,"

"Oh yes, sorry."

Once we are inside, the woman spoke for us and told him everything. He looks amaze and since he also knows Scarlett, this made him want to help.

"You have my words Martha. I will protect the energy user if she ever gets in trouble," he swears.

"Well, I'm going back now. You three can bond with each other and work things out if you have to. I'm already home sick," the woman gets up then leave.

"Bye Martha," Ezekiel calls after her. Once she's out, he looks at us. "You look familiar." He say to Duvessa.

"I want a relocation," Duvessa demands.

"What?"

"I want a place only you and I know. Martha can't find out. I'm afraid she'll sell me out,"

"No, no. Martha can be trust. She never tells even if it may be me or Scarlett who's asking about someone's whereabouts."

"Then Scarlett will know that she knows. Don't read me wrong but as of now there's no one that I trust. Not even my First or Scarlett,"

"I can see that. Alright, I'll take your words for it. Come back in a couple weeks. I will have a place for Ellera that no one will know but us,"

Why are they speaking as if I'm not here? And did I seriously zone out?

"Thank you, Ezekiel."

"Duvessa... Your name sounds so familiar," he went back on that topic. I quietly sit still until either of them talk to me.

"From who?" Duvessa ask.

"I don't know but I will tell you once I find out,"

"Alright then, Ellera and I have somewhere to go. I will come back in a couple of weeks like you suggest," Duvessa and I get up from our seat.

"Travel safe," he bid us.