Dome

Ellera

This is just so embarrassing. I try to look away but I notice Zuleima doesn't have a match yet.

"Zuleima, where's yours?" I ask.

"Oh, I haven't found anyone yet,"she shows me her card, a mountain. "Does anyone here have a mountain?" She calls out with a loud voice. People say no and continue their search.

"But all card were passed out," Duvessa said.

"I know,"

After five more minutes, the announcement allow us to go spend time with our match. I groan and ask if Zuleima wants to go hang with us. She declines me and stay back.

"So, where do you want to go?" Duvessa ask me.

"I don't want to go anywhere with you," I answer her.

"Hahah, come on," she grabs my hand and I resist. "You wanna get ink? I think that'll be great!"

"Oh nooo," I slap her hand but she didn't let go. I slide as she drags me there.

"Oh, how lovely, your signs are the galaxy," the teacher tells us. She finds her stamp and stamp the image on our left forearm. It'll be permanent later.

"Do you know any meaning behind this?" I ask.

"Hm, let me think," the teacher lean back onto her chair and think. "I really don't. Monrona's cards are hard to interpret."

I thank her then Duvessa and I leave.

"You look horrible in pink," I lie. I just want to get on her nerves or get her back.

"You think I have a choice?" She retorts.

"You did, but you sealed your fate when you became the Second. Nice cloak though," I grab her cloak and look at the design. "I want it,"

"Tsk, where should we go?" She pry my hand off her cloak then fix herself.

Wait a minute... I heard about the First and Second getting access to places we ordinary students can't. I could absolutely take advantage of this.

"Ellera!" I hiss as she pinch my cheeks.

"Stop it!" I push her hands off me. "I heard you had access to the museum, could we go there?"

"Uh, Zuleima and I were just there yesterday and it's something you can't see,"

"Can't see? What was in there? I wanna know,"

"Just things that belongs to former First and Second,"

"Okay then, where can you go that you haven't been yet?"

"I see you're trying to take advantage of my status, come. We'll just join the others," she grabs my hand and pull me behind her.

"Ha! You think they'll like to see me with you? They laughed at us like you claimed,"

Duvessa stop and sigh. She made clicking sound as if she's thinking about something.

"Alright, I know a place."

Yes!

"By the way, you have to stop dragging me," I poke her arm as we start walking.

"You're just too dumb to catch up on what I'm saying,"

I gasp. She said I'm too dumb? "You never tell me anything, you're the dumb one thinking I could read your mind."

Duvessa went quiet. Did I get her back? She probably see no point in the argument, but she have to admit that I'm right. I purposely pump against her to see what she'll do.

"Don't tell me you're clumsy too,"

"I'm not, I just wanna bug you," I say. She halts and I did too. "What is it? Let's go,"

"Hold on," she put her hands in front of her and face them to each other. The liquefy metal comes together and form a tiara. I stare in awe. The tiara is beautiful too. I close my eyes as Duvessa put the tiara on my head. "It looks beautiful on you." Huh? Did I hear that correctly?!

I open my eyes and made contact with hers. She's scaring me. I pull away and feel my cheeks heat up.

"Let's go," I start walking again.

Once we got to a building that's shape like a dome, Duvessa swipes her badge then opens the door for me. What if she locks me in here? I step in and the lights turn on. Behind me the door close. I look around and see nothing but a shelf across the room. I approach it and see that scrolls are store there.

"What is this place?" I turn around to ask Duvessa.

"This place is an observatory dome. Made by the first energy user himself. Records show that he spent everyday in this place, watching the stars and strange unexplainable things,"

"So you could've brought me here later when it's dark but instead you bring me here now right," I sass her.

"You-, ugh. We can always came back here," She say.

I went ahead and pick up a scroll. I open it up and see that the recording on this is diminishing away. I wonder if the former Firsts or Seconds ever visited this area. We might be the first two after awhile.

"Yeah, let's return when it's dark," I tell her then walk to the door. I try to open but it wouldn't.

"Forgetting something?" Duvessa chuckles. She show her badge then I snatch it. I swipe it then walk out. "I think the others are by the lake,"

"Eh, I don't want to hang with them," I hand her her badge back.

"Then where else do you want to go?"

"I'm not sure, you're quite boring," I shrug then feel a push. I stumble on my heels and almost fell.

"Watch your mouth, useless,"

"Tsk," I rub my bare arms as wind blows against me.

"Maybe your elemental manipulation beat got destroyed when you were little," I feel something really soft and warm around me. Duvessa being nice to me? Oh my lord! She turns me around and button the cloak on me. Wow, it smells just like her. "You're blushing."

"Stop, I'm shy," I look away as she chuckles.