No One Else

Ellera

Something happened.

At one point I was laughing and dancing with the women and kids then all of the sudden, someone is taking me somewhere. My mind isn't clear right now, but that person is colorless. It's one of those kids.

"Ellera! Hide here!" It's Kit! He push me down and I fell on my butt.

"Ow!" I groan and sit properly. I look around and notice everything is dark, but somewhere in the distance gave out light. Briefly.

"Ellera, don't make any sounds!" Kit quietly hisses at me. I nod and rest against a tree. My eyes feel so heavy and my mind... I... It's messy in there. I laugh and something covers my mouth. "Stop it!" I slowly stop then hear some yelling. It's not from our group. It sounds like... The other First and Second.

I slap Kit's hand off me. "Where are the others?" I ask.

"I don't know. Duvessa told me to take you away."

I shake my head and slap myself to wake up. I need to help.

"Go! Go check over there!" Someone yells. I peek at them and reach out. Kit pulls my hand back.

"Don't do anything," I take his advice and stay quiet.

Quickly, it became silent. I close my eyes and drift into sleep.

"Ellera, Ellera. Wake up," Phoebe? I slowly wake up but I still feel really tired. "Ugh, Femi hurry!"

"Duvessa..."

"What?"

"Where's Duvessa?" I ask.

"Right behind us, don't worry." I rest my head on her shoulder and drift back to sleep.

"Lay her down," I hear Duvessa then feel myself laying on something comfortable. I ignore their conversation and continue with my sleep.

"No, we have to secure the area," I woke up and overhear their conversation.

"I agree," said Duvessa.

"Let's go in pairs, let's go Duvessa," Femi said next.

"Um, okay."

I hear the door creak then slam shut. Quickly, I sit up and look around. I'm alone. There was some food left for me so I eat first. After that, I went outside and jump when Ezek make his presence known.

"You're awake," he smiles.

"I heard them..." I say and sit down.

"Duvessa ordered me to stay. She left with Kit,"

"But Femi wanted to go with her," I raise a brow.

"Phoebe took her away before they could go together, so Kit went with Duvessa," Ah ok. "Duvessa also doesn't want you to step outside so please go back in."

"What?"

"For your safety," he chuckles. "Go now."

"Ugh, fine." I storm back in the house he made.

Hour after hour, I was bored and practicing my power didn't really help. I tried to talk to Ezek but he wouldn't. He said it'll raise suspicion.

I sit down and resume to play with my elements.

"Is she awake?" My head snap to the door. Duvessa! I ran to the door then open it. She looks at me. Kit is beside her. "Why don't you take Kit and go somewhere. I need private time with Ellera."

Oh no... I'm in trouble.

I shut the door and stay back. With the few cracks that sunlight can peek through, Duvessa blocks them. The door opens and she stands there with a smile on her face.

"How are you?" She asks.

"Um, good," I reply. Duvessa steps in and close the door. "What happened last night?"

She didn't answer me until she sits on the bed. "It went well. The celebration of course, but then some people decided to crash. The villager were happy to assist us and we chased those people away."

"By people, do you mean the other First and Second?"

"Yeah."

I sit by Duvessa and sigh. "We should confront them,"

"You saw them. They have items of the former First and Second. It's dangerous for us to attack them, all of them at once."

"You can use me,"

"I... No. I know you're strong but against them, you maybe can't win."

"So we just have to keep running?"

"Yeah..." I look away from her and she did too. So gently, she touch my hand. I end up holding a finger of hers cause I feel like it will ease her. And myself.

"What's up with you and Femi?" I had to ask. It bugs me when I see them so close together. Duvessa turns to me and smile.

"You're jealous?" She chuckles. I pull my hand away but she holds it tight. "We're just friends."

"You two look more than that,"

"Ellera, I only love you and only you own my heart," she place my hand on her chest. "It beats for you. Can you feel that?" The rhythm of her heart beat gave me reassurance. Its simple beats convince me that I am the reason. Duvessa's reason for everything she'd done.

I pull my hand away and she looks confused. She probably thinks I'll deny her but I change her mind when I cup her cheeks and kiss her.

Duvessa, you probably don't know but you own my heart too. Maybe right from the beginning.

She didn't hesitate to take advantage of the situation. Her tongue slide in my mouth and I welcome it, also teasing her tongue using my own. Our kiss became hard and lustful.

I want her.

I want everything of hers.

Nothing else.

No one else.