Realization

Duvessa

"So we won't know who number six is until tomorrow," Zuleima rubs her chin. Behind her is Scarlett who's making funny faces. I break my serious expression and laugh. It cause Zuleima to look back and laugh too. "What are you doing?"

"You two look serious all the time. I was just helping," Scarlett say. I clear my throat and cross my arms. It was really unnecessary.

"Funny how I haven't seen Fallon at all. He wouldn't miss this event, right?" I ask.

"The metal teacher?" Zuleima ask. I nod. "He must be busy setting up everything." It could be. I really hope to beat him up again, but much worst this time. I'll even break both of his arms and legs. "Hey Duvessa."

"What?" I shot my brows up.

"Do you still want to win this thing?"

I step closer to Zuleima and lean in to whisper. "The Head Council wasn't playing when he grabbed me by the throat. Who knows what he'll do if we return without the titles."

"Maybe... We shouldn't," she whisper back. Scarlett in the back is trying to listen.

"What made you change your mind?"

"What if there's a really dangerous quest out there that needs the best? That's why all the Councils set up this event."

I sigh and nod. That could be a possibility. The Councils must have something in store for whoever is crown the District Champions.

"We can talk the Head Council out of this. Let me do it,"

"Zuleima," I shake my head. What if this was the Councils plan along?! What if the Council and the Elder talked to each other and whatever the results were, it was to get us to fully participate and win the event. It didn't matter if I lose to the Elder or kill her. I was still going to be force to do the event. Oh my god. I should've walk away when I had the chance.

"Are you two okay?" Scarlett finally joins the conversation. I shake my head.

"We are screwed," I tell them.

Scarlett, Zuleima, and I quickly made a plan. That is to get second place and deal with the Head Council when we get home. Right now I can tell that this isn't good.

Lunch was spent with the others and so was dinner. For the day Zuleima and I train along with Scarlett. Ellera was there to watch and I kept an eye on her to see if she'll try to manipulate any of our element. She didn't so that's good. I... Still can't trust them knowing about Ellera. But yes, I should tell them but I don't know what their intentions may be if they know. It's still risky and now is not the time for any distractions.

I enter the room before Ellera. I'm surprise she didn't talk to me at all today. Maybe Scarlett was right. Ellera is trying to make it work but I'm shutting her down. I have to be close to her again to keep an eye on her. If she slips, I'll know and a month had passed. What if she have discover something new that I don't know about?

I sit down and once Ellera enters the bathroom, I slide into the bed. Ugh, it's so comfortable.

When Ellera exit, she looks surprised. She didn't come to bed but instead went to the couch. Does she thinks we're switching who sleeps where?

"Come join me," I give her permission.

"It's okay," she say and proceeds to lay down. I should say fine but it's uncomfortable!

I get out of bed and went directly to her. I scoop Ellera in my arms and she gasp. I can't believe this is happening.

"We need to talk," I tell her as I set her on the bed. Mentally, I slap myself. It's for yesterday when Ellera said we need to talk. I went to the other side of the bed and get in. We both turn to face each other.

"What is it?" She ask.

"Your powers. What have you done with it?" I answer.

"Nothing. I just practice on manipulating elements like how we used to do," so nothing new. Is that all to her powers? Ahaha, and it's claimed to be destructive, hilarious!

"Okay, good night,"

"Good night." I turn my back to her and tuck my arm under the pillow. I'm nervous about tomorrow, really nervous, so how am I going to sleep tonight? I close my eyes and listen to our breathing which is in sync. It somewhat satisfy and relaxes me which I found sleep easier. Within a couple minutes, my eyes starts getting heavy and I give in.