Accountable

Scarlett

I cross my arms as I think about Duvessa's behavior on Ellera. It was rude and childish. Most importantly, she hurt Ellera. I may not know much but by their behavior, the relationship isn't the best. Poor Ellera, she liked Duvessa and Duvessa didn't know. Maybe Duvessa did too that's why their ink stayed. But when Duvessa and Ellera got separated, it began to fade. Duvessa got focused on her quest and Phoebe came into Ellera's life. I saw them too, they seem to like each other a lot. Duvessa must've been jealous when she came back and saw them. No. That means Duvessa did like her back. Duvessa got jealous.

"What are you thinking about?" Zuleima interrupt my train of thoughts. I sigh and feel her kiss my cheek.

"I need you to address something," I tell her without turning into face her. She slide into the seat beside me and hold my hand. I uncross my arms and finally look at her.

"What's wrong? Was it me?" She ask. Awww. I shake my head.

"It's about Duvessa and Ellera,"

"What about them?"

"Duvessa needs to stop the rude behavior on Ellera. It's wrong. It's absolutely wrong for her to use her power against a defenseless person like Ellera. I saw everything. People pick on her because of Duvessa. She started all of this so I'm asking you to hold her accountable. Please."

Zuleima sighs and look around. Why is she avoiding eye contact with me?

"I... Can't do anything about Duvessa but I can put a stop on people picking on Ellera,"

"... Are you serious? She's your second."

"That's why,"

"Really?" I pull my hand away from hers. "Ellera is a friend of mine. She's the most genuine person ever and seeing her hurt hurts me. Yet, you say you can't do anything about it. That's ridiculous."

I get up and leave, not bothering to push my chair. Tsk, she can't do anything? Not even talk to Duvessa? All because she's her Second? If I were her, I will hold Duvessa accountable and make her apologize to Ellera. Ugh, fire user makes my head hurts. I massage my temple as I head to my room.

Seven hours later, Zuleima came and see me. It's a bit late so I expect some good news.

"Still mad at me?" She ask while leaning on my door frame. I cross my arms and sigh. After giving a brief moment of silence, I shrug.

"Should I stay mad?" I ask her back.

"I gave out a talk to everyone. They will stop the bullying," that's a bit better.

"And what about Duvessa?"

"That's her business,"

No you idiot. I turn around and sigh. Zuleima embrace me from behind which made me halt.

"I don't want any control over Duvessa. She's her own person and I'm sure she hates herself for treating Ellera that way. Scarlett." She turns me around and I refuse to look at her. But she made me. I look into her amber red eyes. "I know Duvessa well. She likes Ellera and doesn't know how to express it. Especially, when Ellera has someone else."

Ok. This makes me feel a bit better. I give Zuleima a smile before resting my hands on her neck. I pull her down and give her a kiss on the lips. She held me in her arms and kiss me back.