Zuleima's Birthday

Zuleima

Just in a blink of an eye, I'm twenty now. Time is running too fast. Because of the special age, the Council is throwing a party for me. It's going to be a busy day and I'm up for it.

"So, birthday girl, I have a special present for you after the party," Scarlett say as she rubs my shoulders. I groan because what she did feels good.

"Could you give me a hint?" I ask as I pull her against me.

"Nope."

Scarlett and I went to take a walk around the university. We saw the new kids running around and playing with each other. Most are still white, but some are starting to get their colors.

"Do you wish to be at that stage again?" Scarlett ask. I look away from the kids to her.

"Maybe. When Duvessa and I were at that age there was no fights between anyone. We didn't know how to fight either. All we did was have fun like them," a little realization hits me. We all were nothing but kids with no titles. We were told stories about the First and Second to the point we wanted to be like them. Duvessa and I succeeded. We got everything. And we suffered from it. But the point is why are we competing? For the titles? I know. But there seems to be something more important than that. Could it be that the Council is looking for the best people out there? It could be.

"Should we visit the infirmary for your wrist?" Scarlett ask as she takes a look at my wrapped arm.

"It's okay. Let's give it a few day first,"

"Sure,"

We spend the day together. I didn't see either Duvessa or Ellera. What are they even up to today? That makes me wonder if they'll show up at the party.

"I will see you at the party," Scarlett tells me after we finish eating lunch. I didn't want her to leave my side but then it's only for an hour or so.

"Alright, surprise me at the party," I say. She laughs and nod.

"You got it." We part ways and I head to my room. It's quiet here. Maybe Duvessa and Ellera aren't here.

I went ahead and pick out my outfit to the party. I'm thinking about a formal suit. Maroon red and black with white, but the blazer and vest have designs on it. It should be alright and presentable for tonight. I lay it out on the bed then went to take a cold shower. After I finish, I put them on. Riding down the elevator, it stops on Duvessa's floor. She's was here? With Ellera?

"Hi, Zuleima," Duvessa greets me. She's not dressed up yet. They both get in the elevator with me.

"Hey Duvessa and Ellera," I greet them.

"Hi," said Ellera. Her face turns pink. What were they doing?

"You two aren't dress up yet. Are you not attending?" I ask.

"Oh we are. Just that we got the presents for you and took time to wrap them," I smile and thank them. Where's the present? Will they bring it later?

"Alright, well I'm heading there first. I will see you there."

Once the door open, I step out and exit the building. Already, people are making their way to the great hall. Their dresses and suits are beautiful in colors and styles. I just want to see what Scarlett is wearing. She looks good in anything anyways.

"Happy birthday, Zuleima," People comes up to me with their present. I can't collect all of them so I politely thank them and tell them to set their present at the nearby empty table. They willing so do then left to enjoy themselves. Maybe twenty minutes later, Duvessa comes up to me. Her gift is quite small. There must be something good in there.

"Happy Twentieth birthday, Zuleima," we hug each other then I take her gift.

"Thank you, Duvessa. Can I open it?" I ask.

"Of course, it's yours," she allow me.

We both sit down on our chairs then I gently pull the strings off the present box. Once that's untie, I open the lid. Ah, a fragrance bottle.

"Thank you, Duvessa," I thank her again before trying it on my wrist. I smell it and my eyes widen. "Woah, it smells so good."

"I know," she chuckles.

"This is awesome. I love it." I put the bottle back in the box then hold it between the arm chair and my hand.

"Scarlett isn't here yet?" I hear Duvessa. I shake my head. She's probably done getting ready and heading her way here now.

We wait around and even got ourselves some juice to quench our thirst.

"So... How about another quest together?" Duvessa asks. We haven't done one together in while so I could be up for it. Oh! Scarlett did recommend that to me. The four of us going questing together, but then Scarlett and I didn't even get the chance to go alone after all that has happened.

"Not yet," I answer. "I'd still like to enjoy myself."

"Then I guess I'll go by myself," she frowns. Pfft. "Oh look, Ellera and Scarlett are here." I look to the entrance and found them walking. Scarlett! Oh my god. She's got a red dress on.

Duvessa and I wait until they got close enough before we stand. Our dates look amazing. They both came to us and hand me my presents.

"Thank you Ellera and Scarlett,"I say as I accept their gifts.

"You're welcome," said Ellera and Scarlett. Duvessa and Scarlett left us alone so I take my time to appreciate what Scarlett is wearing.

"You like it?" She ask. I sigh and smile.

"I love it,"

"I pretty much match you, and ou, what does that smell?" She comes close and I went stiff. I watch her close her eyes and breathe in the fragrance scent. Her smile widen and she looks back at me. "I love the smell."

"It was a gift from Duvessa," I let her know.

"She knows well. Well, can I take you to dance?"

"How can I say no? Of course I'll go."

We went dancing and look at each other the entire time. She is so beautiful. Scarlett step in closer and rest one side of our face against each other. I playfully lick her ear and hear a giggle.

"Maybe I want to show you your present earlier than I thought," she say.

"I still don't know what it is," I whisper back.

"It's only got to be us,"

"Alone?"

"Yes,"

"It must be very special then,"

"I'd say it is."

"Well then, let's leave right now," I suggest.

"You sure you want to spoil it,"

"Okay, later then." We laugh together then I kiss her cheek.