Duvessa and Ellera

Duvessa

"Martha! Martha! Are you in there?!" Scarlett bangs the door. I watch her as I look around.

"Scarlett, what happened?" Martha asks.

"Duvessa needs help," I bend a bit down so she could see me.

"That looks horrible," she makes a comment then we went inside.

I hiss in pain as Martha put herbs on my arms and Scarlett tells her everything.

"So that happened. I can't believe it," Martha shakes her head. I still can't believe it either.

After Martha wrap my arms to keep the herbs on my burnt skin, we left. We went to the hideout and no one is there. Great, we have to find Ezekiel and the best place to find him is back at the village.

Scarlett and I went to the inn and wait for any sight of Ezekiel.

"How old are you Scarlett?" I ask.

"Twenty... Four," she answer. Not bad, I thought she'd be younger.

We stay in silence and the inn keeper comes to us.

"Anything for you Scarlett?" He ask.

"No, I can't drink anymore," Scarlett laughs. He did too.

"Stop lying," he fills a cup and slide it to Scarlett.

"No, Roman. I can't drink,"

"Then let your friend drink," Roman turns away. Scarlett and I look at each other.

"You shouldn't drink. It's bad," she takes it but I stop her. I take the cup from her hand.

"You can't either," I take a big gulp. At first it's like water but then my throat burns like a fire is blasted down there. I cough and hold my throat.

"I told you!" She pats my back. "Roman! Water! Here Duvessa."

"I see she's a new one. Don't get her hook," Roman chuckles. I quickly grab the water and chugs it. It immediately wash the burning feeling down.

"What! Was that?!" I ask her.

"It's alcohol. Adult drinks,"

"Uh, horrible!" I drink the rest of the water.

"Scarlett!" Ezek!!! We both turn around and he hugs us. I wince in pain and he pulls away. "Duvessa! I'm sorry!"

"It's okay. Is everyone doing fine?" I ask.

"Uh, no. Everyone is infected."

Ezekiel took us to the new hideout. Scarlett was quick to heal everyone and insert her element in them.

"Duvessa!" I turn to Ellera and feel her hands on my head before her lips. I helplessly kiss her back. I miss her.

It was hard to pull away but I did. Everyone looks at us and I smile.

"Let's um, go inside," I invite them.

Scarlett and I told them what happened and they did too. It made things better to understand.

"So the Councils attacked one another. It could mean one thing," said Viggo.

"They disagreed with each other," Lune finishes Viggo's thought.

"I think there are things that we don't know yet. I will not like to know so I don't care," I said.

"It could be important," said Ioana. She's right.

"Whatever happens, I know I have the right people I can trust," I look at each of them and from the bottom of my heart, I said it. "Thank you."

The day peacefully went by. It's night now and we already ate dinner. Everyone basically minded their own businesses.

Ellera and I went away from the others to star gaze because she asked. We found ourselves at a cliff. She went ahead and sit on the edge. I'm surprise by her bravery. I sit behind Ellera then wrap my arms around her waist.

"I love being with you, Duvessa," Ellera tells me. I like to hear that. I kiss her cheek and hold her hands.

"I was so worry about you," I whisper.

"Your head. Are you okay?"

"Don't worry, Ellera. Lune healed it."

Ellera and I watch the stars. Once awhile we would see something fly across the sky. She made wishes upon them.

"Duvessa," Ellera turns to me. "I love you."

I nod and smile. "I know."

I should kiss her. I want to and right now the tension is strong. Most importantly, I love her too and maybe a kiss could prove it. Ellera looks away but not for long when I gently hold her jaw and turn her head sideway. After that, I claim her lips with mine. She kisses me back and our lips move in sync. Ellera dares to bite my bottom lip and pull it til it frees itself. She successfully made me weak and I crave for more.

Ellera pulls back but keep our lips touching each others. God, she knows how to play with me. I tilt my head as she brush my hair back. Taking one deep breath, she licks my lips before I kiss her again.

After our bonding time, we return to the hide out. Inside, the First and Second are sleeping on the ground. On the bed made for two, it's empty. Where's Scarlett? She is sleeping on the ground when she shouldn't.

"Go rest," I tell Ellera then head to Scarlett. I wake her up and tell her to sleep on the bed because of her condition. She tries to argue but I won. Scarlett gets up and went to the bed as I take over the spot she laid. Sleep came fast but no dreams occur. At least some snores assist me.