Zuleima VS Scarlett

Zuleima

I swing at her and blast my fire out. She was quick to dodge it and give space between us. I saw the horror in her eyes. Maybe this filthy fire user will teach you some lesson.

She kicks the leaves towards me but I burn them all. Next, I see a high kick from her so I lean back. The leg I am putting most of my weight on got sweep by her so I fell on my butt. She's not even using her element.

I stand up and toss her a fire combo. She dodges every one of them but I expect that. I close our distance and engage in a hand to hand combat. She swings a fist and I duck under then give her a blow to the stomach. She stumble back and touch where I hit her. It seems she can't tolerate pain. I look up and something really bright blinds me. I cover my eyes before feeling a kick to my side. I grunt and tries to open my eyes but it hurts. I feel a hit to the face and my back hits against a tree.

"Give up?" She ask. I am finally able to open my right eye slightly. She's right in front of me! I sense the wind coming from the left so I can only assume it's her fist. Using my right hand, I reach to the left and feel a hit in my palm. I blocked her. I held onto her fist and open my eyes.

"Maybe I want your light," I send my hottest flame to her. It devours her whole arm and she pulls away screaming in pain.

Scarlett leans against a tree as her right arm is completely fried it seems. I rub my eyes again then look at Duvessa. She's looking at me with a smile. When did you wake up?

"Duvessa! Are you okay?" I head to help and help her stand up.

"Yes, I feel great. You really benefited from our training," she pat me on the shoulder.

We turn back to Scarlett who glares at us. Behind her, I see her twin.

"Scarlett!" I rush to her and pull her away before I feel something struck me on the chest. It blew me off my feet and I collide against either a tree or Duvessa.

"Ow!" Duvessa groans and push me off.

I get back on my feet and look at Vittoria but she is gone.

"Come here you fire user!" Scarlett commands. She still clutches on her right arm. "Duvessa! Don't touch her!" So you can say Duvessa's name but not mine.

"She flew into me," Duvessa cough after.

I went to Scarlett and she rips my shirt open. My eyes widen at what she did, but it was more inappropriate when she rest her left hand on my chest. I watch her feature as she absorbs the darkness from me.

"Your twin will be spare," I tell her. She give me a glance before looking down at my chest. Her lashes are long and is her face turning red?

"Whatever," she mumbles then turn away and start walking.

"Fill me in," Duvessa comes beside me.

We follow behind Scarlett as I explain everything to Duvessa. She was more shocked than me. Outside of the district, there are far more interesting things. I hope to get out as often.

"Change yourself," Duvessa hands me one of her grey tees. I don't like it but I'll wear it. I toss her my backpack as I take off the ripped shirt. Scarlett didn't have to be so violent. I glare at her before slipping the shirt on. Duvessa hands me my backpack and I carry it on my back.

"Hey, where are we going? Do you even know where you're going?" I holler from behind.

"Of course I do! Back to the village so I can tend this!" She snaps back.

So she isn't chasing her twin. Well with one arm how good can she be? But she have us to help her. She doesn't need to kill her twin.

Duvessa and I wait outside as a local lady help Scarlett with her arm. When the lady saw what I did, she scolded me. I thought she was gonna tell everyone to attack us but it didn't happen. She took Scarlett inside and slam the door in our faces. A bit rude for her to not invite us in.

I hold my palm out and let the fire dance around. It changes from red to blue and I saw a hint of black. Black flames? I've never heard anything about it before.

"If she hurts you again, tell me. I will make sure she gets what she deserves," I hear the lady from inside. Duvessa chuckles then the door opens. Scarlett step out and her whole arm has been wrapped. "What is your name?" The old lady ask me.

"Zuleima," I answer.

"Don't you dare put a finger on Scarlett from now on!" I nod at her then follow Scarlett. "Come back soon!"

"So how will we find your twin?" I ask Scarlett. She ignores me and continue walking. It's not my fault she got hurt. She challenge me and I had no choice. I look behind me and see a dark spot appearing on the once infected side of her face. "Duvessa, your face,"

"What about it?" Duvessa touch her face.

"Move," Scarlett pushes me aside and cups Duvessa's face. Once she removes her hand, the dark spot is gone. Duvessa is still infected. What about me? I pull the neck of my shirt and look at my chest. There's a few dark spots. "Do you have it too?" Scarlett asks in annoyance. I nod. She huff and lift my shirt off rather than ripping it. She place her hand on my chest then we look at each other.

"I'm sorry about your arm," I apologize. She shrugs then pull her hand away.

"Let's go, Vittoria is near."