Head Council

Duvessa

The ink is fading back. Am I catching feelings? Is this what it feels like to be attracted to someone? I can't escape it either. We are mate whether we like it or not. I hate you, Monrona. I could live without knowing this.

I look to my hand that she once held. Why did she hold my hand? I was afraid of touching her that's why I stop when I was fingertips away. But then she reach out and my heart skip. It beat fast. I had to close my eyes and calm it down. Then opening my eyes to see her staring back made me happy. When she slept in my arms, I couldn't help but look at her. In the moment it was surreal. I treasured it.

"Someone is deep in their thoughts this morning," Zuleima taps my arms. I show a smile.

"I haven't had much sleep," I tell her while crossing my arms. "Where's Scarlett? You always spend time with her every morning."

"She went back to Sila's Forest for help,"

"Oh, what happened?"

"Nothing serious, she just need some deep cleansing from that elderly earth woman."

Oh, it's the woman who treated her baked arm caused by Zuleima.

"Zuleima, I think I'm falling for that useless girl," I confess. She stared at me and I look to my ink.

"You gave her your Second ring, didn't you," she ask.

"You gave Scarlett yours too," I retort back. "You don't even know if she's your mate."

"I know she's the one, Duvessa."

Alright.

"Let's go eat breakfast together. I miss spending time with my best friend,"

"Of course." I held her hand and we head to the cafeteria together.

"Argh, come here!" I laugh as Zuleima put me in a headlock and rub her knuckle on my head.

"Stop!" I push her away and she laugh, holding her stomach. "That actually hurt," I try to do the same to Zuleima but she runs off. I chase after her.

Once we get to the cafeteria, we behave ourselves. People smile seeing us so happy. After we get our breakfast and are sitting down, she pops a topic.

"We should do something for everyone,"

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"It's nice that they are safe in the district but they should be going out also,"

"This is Scarlett talking, is it?"

"... Yeah,"

Hum. I like the thought of it. It also reminds me of when Femi said she wanted to get out of the district. I bet many feels the same way.

"Yes, we should do it," I tell her.

"Really?"

"We can convince the Council,"

"Alright!" We high five each other then move onto another topic.

After breakfast, we head straight to the Council. They're always there. I wonder what they even do. Once we were given permission to enter, we did. Ahead of us there are five chairs, but the one in the middle is the biggest. That's for the head of the Council.

Zuleima and I stand small down at the bottom of the step. One by one, they enter the room. Once they find their seat, they sit down starting with the Head Council.

"What could our First and Second want?" The Head Council ask.

Zuleima and I look at each other then she tells me she'll talk.

"Duvessa and I have been brainstorming something for everyone. We want to present our idea to you," Zuleima say out loud.

The Head Council cross his ankles and ask Zuleima a question. "What's the idea?"

"We want quest for our friends. They should see what's beyond the district land. Not only will they have their own adventures, they will have growth in their element. We want to see them stand strong and help us protect our district."

Wow, Zuleima can really convince the Council. Also, this is why I took the Second title. Zuleima is born to lead.

"That sounds great, Zuleima and Duvessa. The Council and I will talk about it, but you two do know that outside the district is dangerous. You have experience it for yourselves,"

"Deep away from the district is only dangerous. The land around are safe. It is why many animals reside there," I explain to him. He nods like he just now realize.

"Because once awhile our First and Second would come and recommend something, we will take this serious," Zuleima and I smile at each other then thank the Head Council.

"How tall are they?" I ask Zuleima. "They seem to be all seven or eight feet."

"They're actually around that."

Wow, that's really mind blowing.