Approve

Duvessa

The day has turn out to be the best. Ellera told me she loves me. Not only once but three times. Really at first I thought it was just in my head but now it seems too good to be true.

I hold Ellera's hand as she's reading me poems. Her voice, I can listen to her all day. I lay on the couch and rest my head on her lap. She giggles and gently squeezes my hand.

"And when the right time comes, I'll tell you I love you," she finishes a poem. I smile and look up at her.

"What a coincidence right?" I ask.

"Yes," she lets go of my hand and cup my cheek. "You promise to never hurt me?"

"I promise to always protect you," I tell her.

"You swear?"

"I swear, Ellera," She gently pinch my cheek then goes back to reading.

Half an hour later, we leave to go to the cafeteria to get lunch together. Zuleima and Scarlett were there so we join them. I told them the good news and they were happy for us. The four of us continue to conversate with each other until they left. Now, it's just Ellera and I.

Things are still surreal to me. Maybe a pinch would help.

"Still hungry?" She ask. I shake my head.

"I'm just thinking," I tell her.

"About what?"

"About you," I see her blush and she looks away. That made me smile. "if the Council approves, would you like to go on a quest with me?"

"Is that going to happen?" She ask.

"I don't know. The council haven't say anything yet. Anytime now would be great,"

"If it does happen, I would love to go on a quest with you,"

"You'll love it."

After lunch, Zuleima and I got the message. I left Ellera with Scarlett then Zuleima and I went to see the Council. They better approve this.

The Council sit down before us and held up a piece of paper. I can't read it but I see a red circle wax.

"The Council and I have concluded that we will accept your proposal. Quests will be made and hang in the hall outside of our chamber. The rules have also been made and will be post too. Quests will range in three levels, one, two, and three. One being easy, two being difficult, and three being extreme. There will also be an estimated time on the quest. It is for the safety of the person who takes the quest. So, is there anything you two would like to add on?" The Head Council ask.

"Is the rule specific about how many people can tag along? Because I would like it to be unlimited," I say.

"It is unlimited," he confirms it. I nod and think about anything else. Zuleima had nothing to ask so I left it there.

"That's all," I conclude the conversation.

"Thank you again First amd Second. If you have anymore suggestions, please let us know. You may leave now."

Zuleima and I left and did a little celebration after we're out of the Council chamber.

"This is amazing," Zuleima say. "Once our friends find out, they'll rush to get a quest and leave."

"Hopefully they come back," I joke.

"They have to," Zuleima drapes her arm on my shoulders and sigh. "Thank you Duvessa."

What does she mean? This was hers and Scarlett's idea. I just support her. Maybe that's why.

"You're welcome, Zuleima."

The next day the announcement was made to everyone. They were really shock and happy about it. Just like Zuleima said, everyone search for a quest, sign themselves out, and leave. Now, the district is getting quiet.