Jaw

Ellera

Today Duvessa and Zuleima are busy. They left Scarlett and me together. I also gave Scarlett the bracelets. She loves it and wear it immediately. I told her everything I saw outside the district. She's really happy for me.

"So, anything between you and Duvessa?" She ask. I smile at the thought of Duvessa.

"She's really amazing," I tell Scarlett. "Things have gotten a lot better between us and it seems so surreal,"

"I'm glad you gave Duvessa a chance. She really loves you too. Whenever she talks to me, she always mention about you,"

Is that so?

"What about you and Zuleima?"

"We're doing fine. We plan to go on a quest tomorrow. A little get away, you know,"

"We should do a group quest after,"

"Oh yeah, definitely."

Scarlett and I head out of the First and Second building using Zuleima's badge. They took Duvessa's and probably are done doing their meeting with the Elder. So we are planning to meet up with them.

Walking in the hall, there's already a big commotion of people arguing. Ahead is a group of fire and earth user yelling at each other.

"Scarlett, we should go around," I tell her.

"Maybe they'll let us pass. If not, we can use the nearby stair. Also great if they decide to fight each other," she reply.

We stand not too far from the two factions. They're arguing and pushing each other. I wonder what they're fighting about. On the other side, I notice Duvessa and Zuleima. She smiles at me and it automatically made me smile.

"I see them, let's go," I inform a
Scarlett.

Suddenly, a fight breaks. Both sides attack each other and Scarlett pulls me back. I look up at Duvessa and witness someone kick her on the jaw. I gasp in horror as she goes down and her arm flew up. Zuleima yells her name but it was muffled by the yells of the Earth and Fire users.

"Duvessa!" I yell and turn to the stairs. I run as fast as I could through the upper hall and descend down the stairs to the other side of the fight. Scarlett and I see people stomping on the First and Second. It pains me and I run into the people, pushing them away from Duvessa.

"Close your eyes," I hear Scarlett and did that. People yelp in pain and I open my eyes. Scarlett has blinded them. "Quickly, Ellera!"

Scarlett and I pull Duvessa and Zuleima out of there. I notice Duvessa is holding her jaw and her mouth is bloody.

Once we're safe, I sit Duvessa on the stairs and carefully look over her. She looks so much in pain. The blood have spill on her hand to her elbow. I could see that because of the blood stain on her long sleeve.

"Duvessa, does anywhere hurt?" I ask. She just hold my hand and squeeze it.

"Is it broken?" Zuleima ask. I look at her to see her holding her wrist.

"I think it is," Duvessa answer.

"Let's get her to the infirmary," Zuleima help me pull Duvessa up.

Once we got to the infirmary, Duvessa and Zuleima got taken away. I assume Zuleima's wrist could be in a horrible state.

"Why did they attack them? They weren't part of it," Scarlett talks to herself. I wonder that too. The kick to Duvessa's face seems hard. She went completely down.

After awhile, Zuleima comes to us. Her right wrist is bandage.

"Zuleima, how is it?" Scarlett ask as she gently hold Zuleima's arm.

"It's sprain and got stomped on," that's horrible.

Almost a forty minutes later, a water nurse step out. She told us the horrible news. Duvessa bit her tongue and she had trouble stopping the blood, but she healed it. The kick broke three of her teeth on the right side. That's the area she got kicked. And lastly, her jaw is broken. A metal nurse will be send here to fix her up but the injuries makes my skin crawl. I can't imagine being in her situation.

The three of us went inside and Duvessa first looks at me. Her right face is swollen. She didn't talk but just waves at us.

"You still look good buddy," Zuleima tries to lighten the mood. It did though. Duvessa silently chuckle. She points at herself then give us a thumbs up. I think she's saying she's good. You don't look good at all. Duvessa points at Zuleima's bandaged wrist. "I'll be good too."

We stay with Duvessa until the metal nurse comes in. It was awhile but what matters was we stayed by her. I kiss Duvessa's hand and tell her I'll be waiting outside until it's over.

"I will need you all to make sure she doesn't eat any solid food. It's gotta be liquid and her healing should be quick, maybe about two weeks," said the metal nurse. We thank her then Duvessa exit the room carrying her shirts. I think in average, she wears four shirts, one sleeveless, one t-shirt, and two long sleeves. It keeps her warm she claims.

"Let's all head back," Zuleima sighs.