Gate of Fie

Zuleima

I flutter my eyes open and see the First and Second around me. I hold my neck and breathe. Damn Duvessa choked me out. I roll to my side and cough.

"They succeeded," someone said. I furrow my brows and get up. Ow. My body feels sore from the punches I took.

"Zuleima," I look up to Fraser. He looks worry. "Scarlett is nowhere to be found."

"What?!" I hiss and cover my side. "Did Duvessa took her too?"

"Most likely." I ball my fists. She will pay for this.

The head Council came over and tell us to rest and recover. He looks hurt too so Duvessa must've battled with him.

"Zuleima, I want a word with you," he say before I can leave with the others. I follow him to his chamber. In the hall, I see some Council members on the floor. They're dead...

Once we enter the room, the Head Council sighs. Ahead of us is a chained Vittoria. Why is she here?

"I trust you, Zuleima," the Head Council begins. "I will give you a few days to recover, take anything you need. I need you to bring Ellera back to me. I now have an issue."

"What is it?" I ask.

"The Gate of Fie. The first dark user. His twin made a spell by using just a door. He pushed Fie in then seal the only entrance and exit. Denzel sacrifice himself to lock Fie in there forever. Now, we are not going to open it, but I got reports that the door is cracking. It has to be seal up again. Either using Ellera... Or Scarlett, you choose Zuleima."

I clench my jaw and sigh. There's no way I'm letting Scarlett sacrifice herself to that portal. She is carrying my child and I will not put them at any risk.

"I'll bring Ellera back to you, but it will be your responsibility to keep her from escaping," I tell him then look to Vittoria. "I will also be using the dark user to track them down. She's useful for now."

For the next few days, the First and Second rest themselves. My bruises are heal after getting some help but I am worry to death about Scarlett. I could just leave right now but I need to be patient. I can't defeat all of them therefore I have to wait for the First and Second who're on my side.

"The Council is assisting us by sending everyone after we leave," said Lucius.

I cross my arms and tell them to follow me. I took them to the museum and tell them to take anything that may benefit them. They did and so did I. I take the hands of Deliso then found a broken case. It seems to be broken for awhile now. We probably just missed it.

I break every glass and look through them. A ring caught my eyes. It's grey and... It's an elemental ring. It's what that bastard had and she hid it from me. I put it on and then the gloves. Seems like we are even now, Duvessa.

Everyone got what they need now we're heading to the automobile. Once we're in the air, we saw the teens lining up to the rest of the automobile. I look away and sigh. Scarlett better be safe. If Duvessa or anyone does anything to her or our child, I will burn them alive.

Fifteen hours later, we land. I step out first and didn't wait for anyone. There are two abandon automobiles. Definitely theirs. It makes me I wonder if they're still at the hideout. Most likely not but I will check just in case. Behind me, they drag Vittoria. They also make sure not to touch her skin. We don't have any healer right now.

I told everyone to stay in the village as I go and check the hideout. Once there, I barge in. No signs of anyone staying here. The fire has been cold for a few days too. Fine, we'll just have to use Vittoria to track them down.

I come back to the village and pull Martha out. The people in the village summon their element but they won't do anything unless I do something to Martha.

"Where did Scarlett and the rest go?" I question Martha and I have a handful of her shirt in my fist.

"I'm not telling you anything!" She barks at me.

"You will, or I will slay everyone in this village including you and the children."

"Then do so," I raise my fists and hurt the woman. Everyone charge at me but I burn them alive with white flames.

I look back to Martha who's crawling away. "Burn every household," I tell them as I stalk Martha. I circle to the front of her and step on her hand. I crouch down and grab her grey brown hair. "Tell me where they are."

"I am no traitor, Zuleima. I have never betray my friends-," I break her neck and stand up.

"Use Vittoria," I command.