I Still Love You

Ellera

I playfully circle around Duvessa as she talks to Ezek. I'm not listening to their conversation.

"Oh no, it didn't even last long. Maybe like, five minutes?" Said Duvessa. I halt myself and touch her arm. She pry my hands away and Ezek laughs.

"You know, if I were taken into the district, I could be holding a title," he said.

"Oh for sure."

I chuckle to myself and walk away, but Phoebe approach me.

"Want to take a walk together?" She ask. I think about it.

"Duvessa!" I look back when I hear Femi. She clings onto Duvessa's arm but Duvessa isn't giving her any attention.

"Sure," I turn back to answer Phoebe.

"So you and Duvessa, you're a thing now?" She ask.

"No, we're friends," I answer. "And you and Femi?"

"Friends too," ok, good. We silently walk. I can feel her wanting to talk to me. What's stopping her? "Can I hold your hand?"

I laugh and tell her she can. So, she did. Like always, her hand warms me.

"Are you going to apologize to me?" She ask.

"For?" I ask back. I'm unsure why she needed an apology.

"For leaving me, for avoiding and not talk to me for a month. Ellera, you were never like this,"

I guess I have to clear things up.

"I still don't know who I love. You or Duvessa, but I think it's clear that I don't love either of you but myself. You both are really good to me, but I can't be selfish and have you both right? So I rather not have either of you and hurt the other."

"I... Still love you, Ellera,"

"I know. You wouldn't come all the way here if you didn't," I step over a tree branch.

"Can we start again?"

"I don't think we can. You'll get hurt,"

"Getting hurt by you, it's worth it. I love it," I stop and turn to Phoebe. She did the same.

"It hurts me too, not only you,"

"Ellera," she hold my hand with both of hers. "We can be happy."

"We can, but it doesn't have to be romantically."

"Just... give me another chance, okay?" I slowly shake my head. Nothing can change my mind. Phoebe sighs and cross her arms.

"I'm sorry," I apologize.

Phoebe and I return back to the hideout without uttering a word. She's upset with me and I am too, at myself. She went somewhere so I join Ezek at the fire.

"So, what are you cooking?" I ask. Whatever it is, it smells really good.

"A dish Martha taught me. It's really good. I'll let you be the first to try," he said. I smile and nod. I don't think we can get over Martha's death. She didn't deserve it.

"Oh geez stop!" Femi laugh. We both look to see her and Duvessa walking towards us. They're holding hands. My smile fade and I look away.

"Ezek, it's burning," I tell him. He removes it and stir the pot.

"Oh, thanks for telling me," he chuckles. I laugh with him.

When the food is finish, he let me be the first to eat. It taste amazing. I had a little more. After eating, Duvessa force me back into training. It's fine but not what I enjoy. I rather read poems to us or a book. Uh, stargazing too.

"Ow!" I hiss when her metal hit my hand.

"Pay attention," she scolds me. I huff and electrocute her, not too hard though. Duvessa chuckles and throws a combo. I immediately control them but she did too. We battle to control the element and it seems I'm winning. I take a step towards her and pull the metal back. With her control, it came back fast. I liquify and split them so I could escape its force. It flies pass me and I smile.

"How's that?" I ask her.

"Pretty good," she compliments. I feel something hit my arms.

"Ow!" I rub my arms. "Really?"

"Always pay attention," she smirks.

"I'll get you next time," I point a finger at her before going to get water.