Kit

10 chapters left until we reach 100 chapters. I'm assuming we only have like 20 to 30 chapters left of this book. I'll see how it goes. Enjoy!

Duvessa

What is the meaning of this? I don't... I don't understand.

We all jump at the sound of alarms turning on. It's high pitch and it hurts my ears. I cover them then look at the kids. They're awake.

Guards came flooding in the room where the children are. We quickly crouch down and listen.

"Get up! Get up!" A man yells at the kids. "Go stand against the wall! Now!"

"Now! Now!" The others yell.

If anything, I don't remember this at all. I don't know if I've gone through this when I was little or maybe I've never gone through this at all. Ellera and I peek over the railing and see the children on the other side. They saw us and look at us.

"Now would be a good time," I whisper to her. She nods and stand up. I watch over her in case any of them guards notice. One by one, she takes their energy. After all of them collapse, we all jump down to the lower level.

I rise up and look at the teens. They're confused and scared.

"Are you all okay?" I ask as I take a step forward.

"Go go! Catch him! Don't let him escape!!" Someone yells outside the room.

"They're talking about Kit! He slipped away earlier! You guys got to help him!" One kid yell.

I turn to Ellera and the group. "I'll go, you all help and ask them what the hell is going on here."

Phoebe hands me the badge and I take it so I can use it to go through doors. Most likely that kid, Kit, stole a badge too.

Once out of the big room, I run to the direction those guard ran to. I can hear their yells. I keep going and would frequently swipe the badge to access through halls.

Something collide with me and I hear a grunt. I look down to see a boy. Is this Kit? We look at each other before hearing the guards. Their footsteps are heavy and in no time, they're here. Kit scramble behind me, probably because I'm the only one who's not wearing the same uniform as the guards and I have metal arms...

"Duvessa?" One of the guards recognize me. "Get her!"

I throw sharp metal shards at them and cut their throats. Blood spray on the wall, on the floor, and on us. I look away to the boy. He looks scared of me and is breathing hard.

"Are you Kit?" I ask. He swallow hard and nods. "Let's go back to the others."

I lead him back to the room to join his friends.

"Duvessa," Ellera comes up to me. Kit went to hug his friends.

"What is it?" I ask.

"They were kidnapped," What? "Some of their families were slain."

"Stop," I walk away from her to the kids. "Is that true?" I ask the kids.

"Yes," they confirm.

Maybe this was us at one point. But I can't remember anything relating to this.

"Duvessa, let's go," Ellera say. I take a step forward and my arm is tug back. Ellera was holding my hand, and I didn't even feel it. I gently hold her hand back.

"We'll get you out of here," I tell the kids.

Exiting the building, Fallon and the others are already awaken. They were waiting.

"Duvessa..." He say my name when he saw me. "Your arms..."

I shoot metals at him and he dodges it. Ellera came beside me and reach her hand out. I knock her hand away and kick the air, kicking metals to him.

"Get them out," I tell Ellera then went to fight Fallon. The people who're with Fallon chase them.

I drop to my knees and bow my head down. I can feel blood dripping out from my nose.

"Your arms are gone," he chuckles. "You're not the same anymore. Not worthy of a fight."

My arms liquifies and it's not me manipulating it. It's Fallon. I look up as the metal flies to him. He builds a spear out of it then shoot it my way. I didn't move. I stare in his eyes.

Fallon's spear stops. The tip poke my forehead and I feel blood trickle down.

"Sorry I'm late," I hear Ellera behind me. I move my head back and turn to her. "They're safe." I regenerate my arms then get up. We both stare back to Fallon.

"The energy user. I knew you were special," Ellera shrugs at his words before electrocuting him. He tense and scream in pain. I summon a spear as big as his then throw it to him. Fallon raise his arm up like he's going to stop it but then his arm drop. Ellera must've taken his energy. Fallon is struck, half of the spear went through his chest. He falls on his back then I hear his last breath.

"Duvessa, are you okay?" Ellera turn me around and wipe my forehead and nose.

"I'm okay, where are the kids?" I ask as I cup her pink cheek.

"Most of them left. The rest are coming along with us,"

I sigh and nod. "Thank you for saving me, Ellera." She smiles then I pull her in for a kiss.