Infected

Duvessa

Even though Scarlett have healed Zuleima and I, I feel a bit strange. Once we landed, Vittoria was taken away and Scarlet was taken away to District 7, where First Melian and Second Nero are at. Yes, they are still infected so she's going to go cure them.

With our backpacks carried on my back, Zuleima and I went back to our building. Once I enter my suite, I throw my bag on the floor and crash on the bed.

I don't know how long was I out, but I woke up to the ringing of my door. I get out of bed and went to open it.

"What is it?" I ask after seeing it's a teacher.

"You have a big bruise on your face," she said. "Were you still sleeping?"

"Yeah, can I continue?"

"You and Zuleima had been asleep for a day now. The councils wants to award you,"

I yawn and shake my head, "Maybe tomorrow," I shut the door and went back to bed.

What is happening? I am still infected?! I touch my face while looking at the mirror. Half of my face, specifically my left side, had been devoured by Vittoria's darkness and my left eye, its totally black. Damm it! What about Zuleima??

I quickly dress up myself and try to cover up as much as my face before going to Zuleima's floor. Once I get there, I knock hard on her door.

"Duvessa, hey," Zuleima greet me. Did she just wake up?

"Zuleima!" I take my hat off and look at her in the eyes. She froze and turns confused.

"Come inside!" She backs away. I walk in and the door closes.

"I don't understand, Scarlett healed us already so why am I like this? I should've checked when the teacher told me I have a bruise on my face, but I thought it was the punch Vittoria gave me!" I walk around furiously.

"Calm down,"

"I can't! The councils wants to see us and I can't show my face like this to them!" I sigh and cross my arms.

"Okay okay, I'll go see them and make an excuse for you," hum, that's not bad. "I'll go right now, let me change."

I watch as Zuleima takes her shirt off. Her whole abdomen.

"Zuleima, look at yourself," I point out. She looks down then sigh.

"Great, but I can hide mine so don't worry. I'll be back soon," she quickly changes then we both head out of her room.

I'm so hungry.

Zuleima has been gone for twenty minutes now, can she come back now?

I open my palm and summon my metal but it's not in its original color. It's black now. I close my hand into a fist then went to the closet. I put on a hat, a scarf, or anything to hide my face. After dressing up, I head out.

"Duvessa, where you going?" Zuleima comes to me.

"I'm hungry," I tell her and continue walking to the cafeteria.

"I'm hungry too," she joins me on the walk.

Once we get in there, I didn't dare to look up, I let Zuleima guide me. After we get our food, which is more than what we usually, we settle down. The first bite didn't satisfy me, it made me hungrier. It must be from the quest and sleeping for two or three days. After finishing, I didn't feel full and I think Zuleima feels the same. We got up and went to get more, but the more we ate, the hungrier we got.

Unexpectedly, our previous plates crash into the floor. It shattered but I didn't look up. I continue to eat.

"What do you want?" Zuleima ask. I take a peek at them then look down at my food.

"Welcome back, how was your first quest?" One of them ask.

"Move along, we aren't feeling well for a fight," Zuleima reply.

"But we are so hurry up. Accept it so we can take your titles. We've been good waiting too," Their teasing tone angers me.

I slam my palms on the table and stand up. Face to face we look at each other.

"Don't bark if you can't bite," I threaten them. They laugh at me after recovering from their looks of horror. One of them, the air user, smack my hat off my head. I pull the scarf off then pick up my plate and throw at them. "You want a fight?! You got it! Follow me!" I turn back and storm out of there.

As I did, everyone looked scared of me. But what do they know? Nothing!

I stand in the coliseum with Zuleima beside me. Everyone floods in and our opponents walks in like they run the place. I will show them who actually does.

"I'm going to burn them alive," Zuleima whisper to me. I look at her and see something black flow in her red eyes. We are infected.

"You may begin," Someone announce.

I stomp on the ground and my metals spike out of the dirt. Instead of grey, they have completely turn black. The spikey metals travels to the Earth and Air user. They thought of dodging it but I stomp on the ground again to shoot more metal spikes out of the ground. The air user had no chance but to carry his partner into the air.

Beside me, Zuleima blast out her black and red fire out from her palm. The fire came out in such a great size that she was able to turn it into a dragon. I spike up my metal to their height which distracted them. Everyone watch as the black and red fire dragon swallow them.

They scream in pain and I draw back my metal. Zuleima didn't attempt to stop her flame, she push out more flames until we can no longer hear their screams, only then, she stop. I watch as both opponents falls down from the sky.

This time, no one cheer for us, there is a loud silence but I don't think I care at all.

Zuleima and I walk to our opponents. We only glance at them then leave the coliseum. Behind us, we hear the announcement that we won the match.

I told you, don't bark if you can't bite.