First, Second

Ellera

A year has passed since the Coming of Elements ceremony, the day I found out that I cannot manipulate any element. I have done bunch of searches, practice my energy to the objects that can help satisfy my greatest need, but still nothing happen. I guess Duvessa is right. I'm useless.

People still pick on me and I've gotten used to it. All except Duvessa, we just started prank war last week. Anyways... Bunch of people just ran outside. Where are they going? I quickly follow out of curiosity.

They went directly to the coliseum. Wait, that's where fights happens, for the First and the Second! No way?! Who dare to challenge Navy and Jazara?

I jog up the stairs to get a high view. Once I get there, the fight has already started.

Duvessa and Zuleima????

They're the challengers???

I slide onto a seat and watch them. Zuleima is battling against Navy who's a water user. Duvessa is against Jazara who's an electricity user. Oh, this could either be great or really bad.

Even though the fight has just started, I'm already on the edge of my seat. I pay attention to Duvessa first, I don't know why but maybe I want to see her butt get kick.

As Jazara shoots bolts of electricity to Duvessa, she dodges and returns metal knives, it seems, to Jazara. Are they battling to the death? Someone could really die. Duvessa instantly made a spear and throw it at Jazara. It was so close that if Jazara didn't get out in time the spear could stab through her. A fire ball flies behind Duvessa which draws my attention to Zuleima and Navy. Honestly, I think their fight will be fifty fifty. Both of them are exchanging blows. Zuleima's fire boils Navy's water and Navy's water kills Zuleima's fire. I would say, in their fight, they're able to have a close hand to hand combat unlike Duvessa and Jazara who's still a few feet from each other. I cringe at the blow Navy took. It took her off her feet but with her water, she was able to use it as an arm and yank Zuleima off her feet.

I really don't know who is going to win this, but it seems to be leaning towards Duvessa and Zuleima.

I turn my head to the other fight and see Jazara on her knees. Did Duvessa already defeated her? Seems not when Duvessa sends a fist to Jazara. Jazara caught her fist and immediately send out her element. I gasp in fear as electricity flows around them. Duvessa can be heard screaming in pain. I wonder how many volts is that? I look back to Zuleima and she is distracted by Duvessa's scream. Navy took advantage of it and whip Zuleima away with her water arms. Zuleima crash down hard and didn't even move.

Both Zuleima and Duvessa are down. So it is over now? They both failed to defeat the First and Second. Part of me is happy to see Duvessa's butt get handed to her, but it frustrates me to see her lose. I glare at her.

Get up! Beat them like how you nagged about beating me! You can still win this so get up, Duvessa!

As if me mentally yelling at her worked, she stirs and get up to her hands and knees. The water and electricity user saw her and got ready to attack.

Duvessa rise to her feet and the electricity still runs around her. Duvessa raise both hands up and something liquid floats above her. She blast it towards her opponents. Navy and Jazara jump out of the way as they shoot their element at Duvessa. Duvessa jumps back as the water and electricity balls collide together. If it hits her, it's over... Duvessa shoots her own metal ball to the water and electricity mixture. It went by so fast that all I hear is Navy screaming. No way did Duvessa did that! She double the strength of electricity and sent it to Navy. How smart! With Navy down, it's back to Jazara and Duvessa. Hold on! Zuleima appears and smash her flaming fist into Jazara's face. Oh my god, this is so exciting now. Everyone is cheering on Duvessa and Zuleima too.

Jazara gets up and tries to build up another electricity ball but collapse. Duvessa's mouth is moving but I can't tell what she is saying. After she stops, she raise her hands up. The liquid from few minutes ago comes out of both Navy and Jazara's body. No way! Duvessa poisoned them with metal!

Everyone cheer louder and the speakers come on.

"The winners are... Duvessa and Zuleima..."

No wayyyy!!! Oh my god!! They really did it!! In exactly one year!!! Oh no, I'm getting too excited! Calm down Ellera, calm down.

I look to see Duvessa leaning onto Zuleima as they make their exit. Well, what happens for now? I slip out the exit as people are also. I still have a class to attend!

I run out the coliseum to the building where my class is. I did happen to see Zuleima and Duvessa clumsy walk out and the nurses help them. Well, I guess it was worth it.

For the next few days neither Duvessa, Zuleima, Navy, and Jazara was seen. I heard Zuleima got a broke collarbone and Duvessa is treating herself from the electric shocks. Both Navy and Jazara are suffering from poisoning which metal users from other districts had to come over to help. They also are suffering from some minor burns. But overall, I feel great! Duvessa isn't here to pick on me!

"Yo, Ellera," what... Why is she here?! I feel an arm around my shoulders so I turn to look. Oh my god, she looks dead! I push Duvessa away from me and she groans in pain.

"Get away from me!" I shout and back a few steps away.

Duvessa's skin... There are black lighting streaks on her.