New Arms

Ellera

It's been a couple days now. Lennox has left yesterday and today Duvessa disappeared. I know she's out for a walk or something, but I also know she's struggling with herself.

"Duvessa!" I call for her as I search the area. "Duvessa! Where are you?" I look at every direction and sigh. "Where are you?"

I found her shortly after that. She's standing, looking at the scenery. I go to stand beside her and sigh. The scenery is beautiful in this view.

"Doing okay?" I ask.

"I'm useless now, aren't I?" She ask back.

"No. You can still manipulate," I defend her.

"It won't be the same without my arms."

"Duvessa," I look at her but she won't look at me. My eyes drop to where her hand should be but it isn't there. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize. I did it to myself,"

If only I could be a better help.

"Don't I look funny without arms?" She laughs to herself. The mood didn't lighten for me. I turn her around and she looks into my eyes.

"You don't," I pull her for a kiss. She kisses me back. I gently run my fingers through her hair and would move my hands to caress her cheeks or rest them on her shoulders. Duvessa pulls away and sigh before turning around and kick a tree a few times.

"God dammit!!" She yells before sitting down. I can feel her frustration. She wanted to touch me back but she can't. It kills her. I sit behind her like the other night she did to me when we star gaze. I wrap my arms around her.

"It's okay," I coo her. "It's okay, Duvessa." She didn't say anything but silently cry.

After she stops, she looks at me. I wipe her tears away and give her a supporting smile.

"I have your rings," I show it to her. She looks at it and sigh.

"Keep them. I can no longer use it," she looks away and sigh again. "Why don't you go back. I want some time by myself."

I don't want to but she needs it. I wear her rings then give her a kiss on the cheek before standing up.

"Don't stay out here for too long," I tell her.

"Ellera, you found Duvessa?" Ezekiel ask.

"Yeah, she... She's out there, thinking." I don't know what to say.

"Oh okay, well, I went back to where the fight happened. The others aren't there,"

Scarlett...

I quietly walk inside the house.

"How do I look?" Duvessa's voice makes me look up. She stands there with arms out. Arms? She had made her own arms out of her element. I smile and get up to hug her. Her new arms hugs me back and to be honest, they don't feel the same but I can adjust to it. "Ellera," I look up and she cups my cheek. "Thank you." I welcome her kiss and moan into it.

Ezekiel gave Duvessa the news she needs to hear. It worries her but I'm distracted by her new arms. It's cool.

"We have to find them," she say. Where would we start? "Have any one of you heard about Gate of Fie? Zuleima mention it to me while fighting."

"I haven't," I tell her.

"Me neither," the others say.

"Well she told me the gate is opening. They need Ellera to seal it back up. I don't believe in such thing."

"Yes, she could be lying," Ezekiel nods.

"So what now?" Phoebe ask. We all look at her.

"Take your rest, we will be going back to find the others," Duvessa answer. Ezekiel was the first to leave. I hold her hand and squeeze it. She can't feel it but it's okay.