Chapter XVII

The pirates were in a stormy and rocky place of the ocean. Place where Tia Dalma had predicted the Flying Dutchman would be.

Jack made Will believe that the Dutchman was a wrecked ship in the area, so that he would go and find the key.

Looking at the ship that was wrecked
Will: That's the Flying Dutchman?
Gibbs: (Nods unsure)
Will: It doesn't look like much.
Jack: Neither do you. Do not underestimate her.
Gibbs: It must have hit the reef.
Jack: And what is your plan?
Will: Go to the ship, find your damn key, and come back.
Ruby: What if someone sees you?
Will: I will kill whoever crosses my path.
Jack: I like it. Simple. Easy to remember.

After that, Will began to get off the Black Pearl to get on the boat in which he would go to the supposed Flying Dutchman.

Ragetti: (Grabbing the boat for Will) Do not delay. I'll wait for you here, Will. (Laughs)
Jack: (To Will from the deck) Hey! If you happen to get caught, just say that Jack Sparrow brought you to pay off his debt! You can save your life!

Just then, Ragetti pushed the boat with Will on top and he began to row towards what he believed to be the Flying Dutchman.

Aboard the Black Pearl
Jack: I don't want lamps.
Ruby: In case of urgent need, I will take care of turning them on again.
Jack: No light

That was when the crew began to extinguish all the candles that were on the ship.

When they finished turning off all the lamps, Jack and Ruby peeked over the side again, and seeing Will, Ruby worried about what might happen to him.

Ruby: (To Jack) If something happens to Will, it won't come for free. I will still love you... (Lights a flame of fire in her hand) ...But it won't come for free.
J

ack: Turn that off!

Ruby: (Disintegrates the fire from her hand)
Jack: I thought you were angry with Will.
Ruby: It has been a long time. And even though we get angry from time to time, we will still be friends.
Jack: But no longer...
Ruby: No longer best friends. But I can't forget everything he did for me.
Jack: What did he do for you?
R

uby: If it weren't for him, I'd already be dead.

Jack: Oh, your suicide attempts.
Ruby: (Nods)
Gibbs: (Approaches) Ey! I think it is time to be silent.

After a while of silence in the Pearl, while Jack observed with a spyglass what was happening in the Dutchman, he saw how Davy Jones teleported to the Pearl being right in front of Jack's spyglass. The other crewmembers of the Dutchman, suddenly also appeared on the Pearl and threatened the crew of the ship.

Ruby,al, seeing Davy Jones, tried to go hide to the cabins but just before she could enter, Maccus, the Dutchman's first mate, saw her, grabbed her by the jacket, taking her along with the other crewmembers, and threatened her putting a sword around her neck.