Chapter II

8 Years later
Ruby was sleeping in her bedroom when suddenly her mom entered with a box that left on a table, for then opening the window.

Ruby: Mom! The light!
Marianne: We have a lot to do today. There's also a very beautiful weather.
Ruby: (Sits down and looks at the box on the table) Mom, what's that box?
Marianne: Oh, that? It's for you.
Ruby: For me? What happened to you? Why you suddenly decide to give me a gift? You have been at least eight years without giving me anything, not even a greeting for my birthday, and suddenly you give me a gift a random day?
Marianne: It's not a gift. Is the dress you're going to wear for the Promotion Ceremony of Captain Norrington.
Ruby: So you finally achieved to give that man the charge of commodore.
Marianne: That man has a name.
Ruby: What makes you think that I'm going to go to that ceremony?
Marianne: He is the most trusted man of Weatherby. He is practically family.
Ruby: Governor Swann may be your husband. But no one will never replace my father. My only familiar that has been good with me. That man you didn't care seeing him dying in that fire.
Marianne: I've told you that that's part of the past! You don't have to mention it!
Ruby: I loved my father! It's not my fault that you don't know what love is! You married my father for his money! That's why you didn't matter his death! Now that you are with Governor Swann, I know that you don't love him! The only good thing about him for you is being I'm the upper class.
Marianne: Shut up and put on that dress!

Ruby stood up and opened the box to see a long dress with many layers, of a pale pink color with white and brown details. [Multimedia] After taking it, she saw again at the box and she found a corset.

Ruby: (Drops the dress she had in her hands and grabs the corset) Don't even think that I'm going to wear this!
Marianne: It is trend in London.
Ruby: We're not in London.
Marianne: I love you and I want you to look pretty for the ceremony.
Ruby: If you really love me as you say, you would at least let me wear more comfortable clothes.
Marianne: It's a formal ceremony. You need to go with something elegant.
Ruby: We're not talking about that. We are talking about you not knowing what love is.
Marianne: And what makes you think that?
Ruby: You have been hitting your daughter for more than nine years. Do you think that that is love?
Marianne: You are going to put on that dress and you will go to the ceremony! And that is no longer discussed!
Ruby: I already told you that I'm not going!

Marianne started yelling at her daughter and suddenly left a pointy figure fell from a shelf that fell near Ruby's neck. After that, between screams and discussions of both of them, Marianne left the room.

Ruby, who controlled her powers each time better, grabbed the corset and burned it completely. Then she grabbed a knife from the breakfast tray and went to Will's armory.

(•••)

Will had gone to left a sword asked by Governor Swann for Commodore Norrington. That's why there was nobody in the armory.

In the armory
Ruby went to a dark corner of the armory, and not being her first time trying, she put the knife on her wrist. Soon she heard the door opening and dropped the knife making at last a cut on her wrist.

???: (Listens the knife falling into the ground) Is someone in there?

Ruby covered the wound with her other hand and tried to make silence enduring the pain. The man that had entered started searching until he found Ruby.