Chapter I .

"The Curse of the Black Pearl"

《On the HMS Dauntless on the way to Port Royal》
Elizabeth Swann, Governor Weatherby Swann's daughter, was talking with her friend, Ruby Evans, daughter of her father's future wife, Marianne Evans.

Elizabeth: Are you better off the hit that your mother gave you before starting the trip?
Ruby: She left me a bruise. But it is much better.
Elizabeth: As soon as we get to Port Royal, we're going to my new home and you're going to show me how your back is to heal your mother's hit.
Ruby: I'm afraid something like this can be repeated. It is not the first time and it may not be the last.
Elizabeth: Don't think that. I'm sure that it was an accident. Is your mom. She loves you. I don't think it's nice for her to hurt her own daughter.
Ruby: I hope you are right.
Elizabeth: But let's stop thinking about bad things. What if we continue the story we were telling in my house?
Ruby: (Lowering the volume of her voice) Are you talking about the story about pirates?
Elizabeth: (Smiling) Exactly.

The friends started singing a song about pirates while looking overboard. When Joshamee Gibbs listened to the song, he approached to the girls to interrupt the singing.

 When Joshamee Gibbs listened to the song, he approached to the girls to interrupt the singing

Joshamee Gibbs: Silence, girls. There are pirates on these waters. You won't want them to come find us?
Lieutenant James Norrington: (Aproaches) Master Gibbs! Leave them.
Gibbs: It's bad luck to be singing about pirates with us mired in this unnatural fog, mark my words.
Norrington: I'll mark them. (•••) Now go away from here.
Gibbs: Yes lieutenant. (While walking away) Bad luck to have women on board, too. Even if they miniature ones. (Takes a sip of rum from a bottle that hung from his neck)
Ruby: (Aproaches Gibbs) I'm sorry, Master Gibbs.
Gibbs: (Looks at Ruby) Sorry? You don't have to apologize.
Ruby: You said it was bad luck to sail with women on board. I really didn't want to come. I would have preferred to stay in my home in England. But my mom is going to get married with Governor Swann and now we have to travel to Port Royal.
Gibbs: You know what? I always thought that women on board bring bad luck. But in you, I see something different. I feel that with you on board, nothing bad is going to happen.
Ruby: But I am a woman. Just like Elizabeth and my mother.
Gibbs: But in you I see something special.
Ruby: Thank you so much, Master Gibbs.
Gibbs: You're welcome. I only say what I think it's true, Little Ruby.
Ruby: (Smiles)

Meanwhile
Elizabeth: (To Norrington) I think it would be rather exciting to meet a pirate.
N