Chapter LXXI

In the Port of Hell
Hades: I thought you wouldn't arrive.
Dylan: And risk being sentenced to a greater sentence? I don't think so.
Hades: You're late.
Dylan: There were only a couple of minutes!
Hades: Why?
Dylan: I was talking about something important with a friend.
Hades: I am amazed at your ability to make excuses. They are more and more credible.
Dylan: It's not an excuse! It's true!
Hades: As you say. (•••) Where's the girl?
Dylan: (With less anger and more compassion) Why do you do this, Hades? (Angry again) The girl is just managing to adapt after a long time! It would be a lot of pressure for her if she sees me arriving next to the God of Death.
Hades: You know you have to take me to her if you don't want more punishment.
Dylan: I am, recently, after a long time managing to earn her trust. She would feel betrayed, and all my efforts would be in vain!
Hades: Nothing's going to change my mind, Dylan!
Dylan: (Calmimg his anger) Why do you do this? You've never been so obsessed with meeting a new soul. Why her?
Hades: (Puts his hatred of Dylan aside and thinks of the girl) I need to see her.
Dylan: It's been hard for her to find comfort in this place. Wait until she feels more confident not only with me, but also with this place. Do it for her. Not for me.
Hades: (More calm) Believe it or not, everything I try to do, I do it for her. The truth is that I care about you very little.
Dylan: What do you want from her?
Hades: (Correcting him) For her.
Dylan: (Looks confused)
Hades: I'd like to try to give her a second chance.
Dylan: (Confused) Second chance? Chance of what?
Hades: The same second chance you've always wanted.
Dylan: Why do you care so much about a soul? Who is she?
Hades: (Ignoring the question) Just take me where she is and I'll make it up to you.
Dylan: (Confused about Hades' attitude) What you say?
Hades: I'll pay it to you. Sometime and somehow I'm gonna pay it to you.
Dylan: Are you talking seriously?
Hades: I am talking seriously.
Dylan: You really are?
Hades: Just shut up and take me to where the girl is. I promise I'll pay it to you.
Dylan: Did you say "promise"?
Hades: (Nods)
Dylan: Did I hear wrong or did the God of the Underworld make a promise?
Hades: And I promise to keep my promise.
Dylan: You're really desperate for that girl.
Hades: She's... someone important.
Dylan: Are you going to tell me who is she?
Hades: (Shakes his head)
Dylan: More and more I lose hope in finding out who she was in life.
Hades: She hasn't told you about her life?
Dylan: Not until today before coming here. She told me a bit about how difficult her childhood was, and a bit about what she was doing right at the time of death. But all without further detail.

Dylan was finally forced to take Hades to where his partner liked to be, despite being almost certain the girl would be mad at him.

Dylan didn't want his new friend to be mad at him but he also didn't want to be sentenced to a greater punishment by Hades for what he had done in life.

When they got to the side of the river, where Ruby used to be, Dylan noticed that the girl was no longer in that place, but that didn't mean that she was lost or that she was hiding, Dylan knew exactly where the girl was at that moment.

Dylan kept walking with Hades walking behind, until after a few minutes they reached the area of ​​the stone peaks, a few meters from the entrance to the pirate cave.

Next to the stone peaks
Dylan: I'm going to get her. You're going to wait me here.
Hades: I'm not gonna give you more than ten minutes.
Dylan: (Sighs) Fine. Make it ten minutes.