Chapter XXIV ... Part 3/3

Ruby, feeling the tap on her shoulder, didn't dare turn around to see who had touched her, but she did dare to answer him.

???: (To Ruby from behind her) Give back that amulet.
Ruby: (Without turning around) I'm not going to give it back.
???: Why do you want it?
Ruby: I just need it.
???: Are you going to tell me why?
Ruby: Of course not.

The man behind Ruby began to play with her hair until he found the blue lock and pulled it around her neck for her to see.

???: Who are you?
Ruby: (Looking out of the corner of her eye at the blue lock that ran down the side of her neck) Why do you ask if you already know?
???: Flame...

Tia Dalma, who had stopped walking to listen to the conversation between Ruby and the mysterious man, but without turning around, when she heard the male voice mentioning Flame, couldn't contain herself anymore and turned around to see who he was.

Tia Dalma, although she was already quite clear who he was, approached them to pull a hair from Ruby's blue lock of hair and one from the man's head. She then compared both hairs and when Ruby saw that they were the exact same blue color, she finally dared to turn around.

???: (To Ruby) Do you remember me?
Ruby: (Denies)
???: Do you at least know who am I?
Ruby: (Nods)
???: How can you be sure of who I am if you don't even remember me?
Ruby: With that hair color it's easy to recognize the God of the Underworld... Hades.
Hades: (Smiles) I missed you so much, sister.
Ruby: I would love to be able to say the same.
Hades: Why?... Why don't you remember me, Flame?
Ruby: Don't lie to me. I know you know about the story of the famous Goddess of Fire and Hell. You know that pirate stabbed your real sister but you don't want to assume it.
Tia Dalma: Ruby is just the chosen one.

Hades looked away remembering times when he shared with Flame, but Ruby didn't want to end the conversation there and comforted him.

Ruby: (Puts her hand on Hades' shoulder) I know what it feels like to lose a loved one. And I know that it is not easy to accept it either. But my visit is proof that sooner or later you will see them again.
Hades: (Looks up to see his sister's eyes) Does it bother you that I call you Flame?
Ruby: I assumed it a couple of years ago. After all, she is who I am, am I not?

The siblings gave each other a hug which was soon broken by a question from Tia Dalma to Hades.

Tia Dalma: (To Hades) How does it feel to be a god in flesh and bone? You'll see... I'm trapped in a human body and Flame is just a reincarnation. But you...
H

ades: I wouldn't complain if it wasn't for the fact that I'm chained to my own home. (Grabbing some chains that hung from his jacket) Even if I wanted to, even if I had the Keys Of Hell, I couldn't get out of here. Also, being seen as the God of Death doesn't give me a very good reputation. I'm not very loved to say.

Ruby: I imagine.
Hades: (Ignoring Tia Dalma) Flame, I cannot believe that I am not among your memories. What is your oldest memory?
Ruby: (With tears in her eyes) The first time I generated fire with my hands in my human body, Ruby Evans. I was in a beach... With my father... and...
Tia Dalma: (Notices Ruby's sadness) It is not necessary for you to go on, Darling. (Hugs her)
Ruby: (To Hades) I'm sorry.
Hades: He died, didn't he? You said your last name was Evans?
Ruby: Let him go back to life with me.
Hades: Francis Evans! He is a very good man.
Ruby: Please.
Hades: Many ask me to take them back to life. But they fail to understand that I am the god of death, not of life. I'm sorry.
Ruby: (A little bit angry) Aren't Hades and Flame supposed to have a good sibling relationship?
Hades: (After some seconds of silence) Flame, stay here. In your house, with your brother. If you go back, you're going to run the risk of being stabbed again by some other pirate.
Ruby: (Pulls up her sleeve to show off her pirate tattoo) Pirates are not going to hurt me anymore.
Tia Dalma: Also, our next trip on land is to go to Davy Jones' domain to bring a pirate back to life.
H