Chapter LIII

《In Saint Martin》
Henry had been found and taken to a hospital as he had part of his body injured.

Scarfield: The whole town speaks of you. The only survivor of the Monarch. A boy who paddled all the way to Saint Martin against the tide on a piece of driftwood.

Henry, already awake, while listening to the man who spoke to him, when trying to move, he realized that he was chained to the bed.

Scarfield: Found jabbering about pirates and tridents.
Henry: Please, sir, let me go of these chains.

Carina, who had infiltrated by posing as a nurse, was attentive to the conversation between Henry and Scarfield since she was also interested in finding the Trident of Poseidon.

Scarfield: (To Henry) My job is to protect this island and these waters. And your sleeves have been ripped. The mark of treason.
Henry: We were attacked by the dead...
Scarfield: You're a coward who ran from battle. (Getting away from him) And that is how you'll die.

When Carina saw Scarfield walking away from the man searching for the Trident, she approached him, initially posing as a nurse, then attempting to join forces and search for the magical tool together as a team.

Carina cleaned a wound on Henry's forehead, then sat on the bed across from him to tell him her possible plan.

Carina: I don't believe you're a coward.
Henry: Please leave me sister.
Carina: I've risked my life to come here, to see if the rumors are true. You speak of the Trident?
H

enry: Who are you?

Carina: Tell me why you seek the Trident.
Henry: The Trident can break any course at sea. My father is trapped by such a curse.
Carina: You're aware that curses are not supported by science.
Henry: Neither are ghosts.
Carina: So you have gone mad? I should never have come here.
Henry: Then why did you come here?
Carina: Because I need to get off this island. To solve The Map No Man...
Henry: (Finishing Carina's sentence) ...No Man Can Read. Left by Poseidon himself.

Carina heard footsteps behind her so she decided to speak lower.

Carina: You've read the ancient text?
Henry: In each language they were written. But this map has never been seen nor read by any man.
Carina: Luckily, I'm a woman. (Takes her diary out of her pocket and shows it to Henry) This is the diary of Galileo Galilei. He spent his life searching for the Trident. It's why he invented the spyglass... why astronomers have spent their lives staring into the sky.
Henry: So you're saying The Map No Man Can Read is hidden in the stars?
Carina: It was left to me by my father. He believed I could find what no man has ever found and I will not let him down. (•••) Soon there will be a blood moon. Only then can the map be read. And the Trident found.

Henry: Who are you?

Just as he said that, Scarfield came back, along with a guard, who was chasing Carina for being accused of witchcraft.

Guard: Carina Smith.
C

arina: (To Henry) If you wish to save your father, you'll have to save me. Find us a ship...