Chapter XX

Elizabeth was sitting thinking of Will when Jack Sparrow soon approached her and sat next to her.

Jack: My intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled.

Elizabeth: I just thought I'd be married by now. I'm so ready to be married.
Jack: (Uncorks a bottle and offers rum to Elizabeth)
Elizabeth: (Aceptas the bottle and takes a sip)
Jack: You know... Lizzie, I am captain of a ship, and being captain of a ship, I could in fact perform a marr-I-age... Right here. Right on thos deck. Right... now.
Elizabeth: (Returns the bottle and stands) No, thank you. (Moves away)
Jack: (Chases her) Why not?
Elizabeth: First, because you are with Ruby...
Jack: But it wouldn't be something new for me to leave a woman.

Elizabeth: If you're telling me Ruby wouldn't be the first, it might not be the last. And I am not going to marry a man who I know is going to be unfaithful to me later.
Jack: But this is different! We are very much alike, you and I. I and you. Us.
Elizabeth: Oh. Except for a sense of honor and decency and moral center. In addition to personal hygiene and fidelity.
Jack: Trifles. You will come over to my side. I know it.
Elizabeth: You seem very certain.
Jack: One word, love. Curiosity. You long for freedom. Just like your sister.
Elizabeth: Stepsister.
Jack: Whatever. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day, you won't be able to resist.
Elizabeth: Why doesn't your compass work? I would imagine that in your hands, this compass would always be pointing to the Goddess of Fire. Cause... you're not the only one who knows that Ruby is Flame. Am I wrong?
Jack: My compass works fine.
Elizabeth: Because you and I are alike, and there will come a moment when you have a chance to show it. To do the right thing.
Jack: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.
Elizabeth: You'll have the chance to do something... something courageous. And when you do, you'll discover something. That you're a good man.
Jack: Of course I'm a good man. (Watching Ruby chatting with James) That's why girls fall in love with me. But evidence to the contrary. Or is it that there are girls who fall in love with bad boys?
Elizabeth: No, I have faith in you. Want to know why?
Jack: Do tell, dearie.
Eizabeth: Curiosity. You're going to want it. A chance to be admired and gain the rewards that follow. You won't be able to resist. (Brings her lips to Jack's) You're going to want to know what it tastes like.
Jack: I do want to know what it tastes like.
Elizabeth: But, seeing as you're a good man, I know that you'd never put me in a position that would compromise my honor.

Ruby saw how Jack and Elizabeth were about to kiss then she approached them determined to separate them but just before intervening she saw the Black Spot appear on Jack's hand again.