Chapter X

《On the HMS Dauntless》
Governor Swann: (To Ruby) Daughter, where have you been? What were you doing with that pirate? Your mother has been very worried about you.
Ruby: First of all, I would appreciate you if you stopped calling me like that. And about the other thing, I'm just sailing with... a friend. I don't care if my mother is worried. When you get to Port Royal send her my regards. And if you want, take the opportunity to tell her that I will not miss her and that I have not thought about her.
Governor Swann: But daughter! Sorry. I mean... Ruby!
Elizabeth: (Approaches and interrupts the conversation) We have to save Will!
Governor Swann: No! You're safe now. We will return to Port Royal immediately, not go gallivating after pirates!
Elizabeth: We would be condemning him!
Governor Swann: The boy's fate is regrettable... but then, so was his decision to engage in piracy.
Elizabeth: He went to rescue me. He prevented something bad from happening to me!
Jack: If I would allow myself the audacity to express my professional opinion, the Pearl has part of the rudder destroyed. And I really don't think it maneuvers easily. Just think about it. The Black Pearl. They are the only real pirates in the Caribbean, Commodore. You won't let it go, huh?
Norrington: You must not forget that I serve others, Captain Sparrow. Not just me.
Elizabeth: Commodore, I ask you. You must. For me! As a wedding gift!
Governor Swann: Elizabeth... Are you agreeing to marry the Commodore?
Elizabeth: I do.
Jack: A wedding?! I love weddings! Rum everywhere! (•••) I know. You will have mercy, right?
Norrington: Mr. Sparrow, you will accompany these fine men to the helm and provide us with a bearing to Isla de Muerta. You will then spend the rest of the voyage contemplating all possible meanings of the phrase 'silent as the grave'. Do I make myself clear?
Jack: Inescapably clear.
Ruby: Where are you taking Jack?!
Norrington: Meanwhile he will be in the cells. Until we really need his help.
Ruby: But why the cells?!
N

orrington: Because he's a pirate.

Ruby: How are you so sure of that, Commodore?
Norrington: Because of his pirate tattoo.
Ruby: And what about me?
Elizabeth: (Confused) Ruby!
Norrington: You're not a pirate. You don't have that pirate tattoo.
Ruby: (Lifting the sleeve from the scar's arm) And what are you waiting to make me one?
Governor Swann: Daughter! Are you sure about that?!
Ruby: I already told you to stop calling me like that, Governor! And yes! I'm sure.
Norrington: Take her too with Captain Sparrow! (To Ruby) Downstairs I'll make you that tattoo. And the next time I won't forgive from the gallows.

《In the prison cells》
Jack: Why are you doing this?
Ruby: I prefer this than going back with my mother. And I want to help you get back the Pearl. Besides, you told me that in the ship you were going to help me hide this ugly scar.
Jack: Does it bother you if I tattoo your wrist? It could be like a bracelet but with more details.
Ruby: It would look good close to a pirate tattoo.

While Jack tattoos Ruby's scar
Jack: Do you think you can set the ship on fire when I finish my artwork?
Ruby: As long as it is necessary and no one is watching me.
Jack: Sure... (•••) One question, having that firepower, do you have burn marks?
Ruby: Fire doesn't affect me at all.
Jack: So how do you intend to get the pirate tattoo marked on you?
Ruby: A cut will be fine, I think.
Jack: Pain and suffering have made you a very strong woman, Apple Pie.
Ruby: Not just pain and suffering. The thing that has helped me most is your company, Jackie.
Norrington: (Goes down to get Ruby's pirate tattoo) Miss Evans! Because you asked for it! Your arm!
Ruby: Don't you think a cut would be more effective than a simple burn, Commodore?
Norrington: Are you sure? The burn hurts less.
Ruby: I'm sure.