Chapter LIX

On the beach Carina, Jack and Henry were in the sand, exhausted and tired from so much swimming and escaping from the sharks.

Ruby couldn't stop panting from the exhaustion that had caused her to use her power so much against the sharks and having acted as a motor for the boat in which Jack and Henry were. When Ruby sat on the sand to rest, she finally returned to her human form.

Henry had got very surprised by Ruby's ability to set fire underwater, and by her speed when transformed into a fire mermaid, but the adrenaline hadn't given him the opportunity to express his surprise.

Henry: (To Ruby) You really surprised me. Until some minutes ago I thought it was impossible to set fire underwater.
Ruby: (Answers with a little smile still panting)
Henry: And that body you had? You looked like a mermaid with an orange tail that wouldn't stop shining. Was it fire?
Ruby: (Panting) You may have heard stories about me, but you really don't know most of the things I'm capable of.

Ruby, after recovering her strength, approached Carina to help her since she was also tired from swimming so much, but in less than a minute, the crew of the Silent Mary arrived, with Salazar in the front, still touching the water, to face Jack and Ruby.

Salazar: Hi, Jack Sparrow. Hello, Flame.
Ruby: (Stands next to Jack)
Jack: You're Spanish?

At one point, the tide began to go down, causing one of the crewmembers of the Silent Mary, when he stopped touching the water, to turn into dust. Dust that when it touched the ground, turned into ash that began to fly with a trail of fire towards Ruby, giving her more energy.

Carina: (Scared) You're ghosts!
Jack: Oh. (Stands with less fear)
Ruby: (The ashes of the dead man who had touched the ground reach her)
Jack: They're unable to step on land. (Laughs) I knew that, though.
Ruby: (To Salazar with more energy thanks to the ashes) Do not forget that the Devil's Triangle is an extension of my home on Earth.
Carina: Ghosts! (Goes running afraid into the woods)
Henry: (When he sees Carina running away) Carina!
Salazar: (To Jack) You will soon pay for what you did to me.
Jack: I have got Flame on my side. And you know that thanks to her, you and your men can live.
Salazar: You know I don't give up that easily, lil' sparrow.
Jack: No, no, no. There's no need to bother, really.
Henry: (Without paying attention to Jack or Salazar) Carina! (Starts running after her)
Jack: (To Salazar) I have no time to chat... because me map's just run away.
Salazar: I will be waiting for you!
Jack: (While escaping) Why would you be waiting for me? Are you coming, Apple Pie?
Ruby: (Turns into a phoenix to follow Jack)
Salazar: (Talking about Ruby) She's staying with me!

Salazar grabbed another of his men by the arm and pushed him into the sand without letting go of his arm. After it turned to ash, as the trail of fire reached Ruby, Salazar yanked hard, drawing the small firebird to his side.

Ruby: (Trying to fly away from Salazar) Jack!
Jack: Apple Pie!
Ruby: (To Salazar) Let me go!
Salazar: It's not me. It's you own energy.
Jack: (When Ruby gets onto Salazar's shoulder) I'm going to come back for you, Apple Pie. I promise.
Salazar: (Chuckles) I already want do see that act of bravery.
Jack: (Runs following Henry and Carina)