Chapter XLVII

Jack led the crew to a large cavern with an underground river.

《Arriving at a dead end》
Jack: Aha! Dead end.
Blackbeard: (Angry) Dead. End.
Jack: Dead end.

Angelica: (Sighs) Jack, I'm starting to think you don't know where you're going.
Jack: It is not the destination so much as the journey, they say. (Asking for the chalices) Chalices, if you please.
Blackbeard: (Gestures to Quartermaster)
Quartermaster: (Hands the chalices to Jack)
Jack: (Raises the chalices, each in one hand) Stand back.
Everyone: (Take a step back)

Jack made both chalices collide, generating a great echo inside the cavern. Seeing that nothing happened, he did it again.

Angelica: (Clears throat) Jack... Have you ever, in fact... seen with your own eyes... the Fountain of Youth?
Jack: I'm sorry  could you repeat the question, please?
Blackbeard: Quartermaster.

Quartermaster shot at Jack, but the bullet ricocheted off the chalices that Jack had used as a shield to protect himself. Then it was Blackbeard who aimed at Jack but he tried to stop him.

Jack: No, no! Wait, wait! Wait. (Sees a weird design on the chalices) "Aqua... de Vida."

The pirates were surprised to see how after what Sparrow said, the water began to defy the law of gravity again, leaving a small puddle on the ceiling of the cavern.

Surprise and a little fear invaded them even more when they saw a bird going up to where the water was on the roof.

Johari, seeing how the bird flew up the pool of floating water, remembered the Onyx Owl so she gestured for Ruby to use its power.

Johari: (Touches Ruby's arm to get her attention)
Ruby: (Looks at Johari and whispers at her) Aye?
Johari: (Whispering) The bird.
Ruby: (Whispering) What happens with the bird?
Johari: (Whispering) It didn't fall.

Ruby at first didn't understand what her friend meant but then everything made sense.

Ruby: (To everyone) It can't just be stone.
Jack: What do you mean, Apple Pie?
Ruby: There is something up there.
Angelica: Why do you think that?
Ruby: That bird went through the water and kept going up. Otherwise, it would have crashed and its body would have fallen.
Blackbeard: Are you a reliable goddess?
Ruby: I don't know. You have to tell me that, Captain Blackbeard. (Transforms into an owl and goes through the water on the roof)
Jack: Apple Pie?
Johari: (whispering for herself) There's definitely something up there.
Blackbeard: Are you going to do something, Sparrow?
Jack: Hm... Yup! Master Scrum... do you mind? (Hands him the chalices)
Scrum: (Amazed and confused) Señor? Squire?

Scrum helped Jack lift him up higher. Jack first checked by dipping his sword into the water and then a force sucked him to the top.

Jack, surprised, picked up his sword that had fallen on a rock and looking up he saw a beautiful landscape with a beautiful rock fountain right in the center of a small green area by the grass, and a light that came from higher, from outside the cavern, pointing right at the wonderful fountain. He then looked back into the water where he had appeared and saw the same fire mermaid that he had seen on the shore of Whitecap Bay, next to the lighthouse.