Chapter LV

《In San Martin Prison》
Two soldiers were dragging Jack to the gallows. Soon, the pirate heard a familiar voice and asked the soldiers to stop so he could exchange a few words with the man with the voice he had heard.

Jack: Hold on. Stop! (To the man he had heard) Dad?
Uncle Jack: (Turns to see his nephew)
Jack: (Seeing his uncle) Uncle Jack!
Uncle Jack: Jackie boy! How's it going?
Jack: Can't complain really. You?
Uncle Jack: I've been waitin' all morning in here for a beating. But the service is terrible.
Jack: Shameful.
Uncle Jack: (Stands up to approach his nephew) Jack.

Jack tried to let go of the soldiers to get closer to his uncle, but even though they didn't let him go, they did allow him to get closer to his Uncle Jack's cell.

Uncle Jack: The oceans have turned to blood. Best to stay in dry land where it's safe
Jack: I'm about to be executed on dry land.
Uncle Jack: Good point. Did I ever tell you the one about the skeleton?
Jack: Yes, you have. Many times, in fact.
U

ncle Jack: Skelton goes into a bar... orders a beer and a mop.

Jack: (Sarcastically) Funny as ever.
S

oldier: (To Jack) Come on, let's go.

Uncle Jack: (To Jack) Oh, if the disembowel you, ask for Victor. He's got the softest hands.
J

ack: (To his uncle us he is dragged away by the soldiers) Thank you!

Uncle Jack: And mention my name. They won't cut your feet off.

(•••)

《At execution time》
As Carina was being carried to the platform where she would be hanged from the gallows, Jack was being carried to another platform, opposite the gallows platform, where he would be executed by guillotine.

Meanwhile, Henry was spying from the top of the tower where a bell was located, to prepare how he was going to free Jack and Carina to help him find the Trident of Poseidon.

Carina: (From the gallows) The final words of Carina Smyth. (Noticing that no one was paying attention) Quiet! (While recieving attention from the whole audience) The final words of Carina Smyth. Good sirs, I'm not a witch... but I forgive your common dimwittedbess and feeble brains. In short, most of you have the mind of a goat.
Jack: (Interrupting) Pardon me, sir. Is it not a common practice for those about to be executed... to be granted a last, I don't know, something...
Carina: (Drawing attention again) I believe I was making a point. If you could just be patient.
Jack: No! My head's about to be lopped off, hence the urgency.
Carina: And my neck is to be broken.
Jack: Did you know that on occasion, the neck doesn't actually break? It just hurts.
Carina: What?
Jack: Oh, yes. I've seen men swing for hours, eyes bulging, tongues swelling... revolting gurgling sound.
Carina: May I finish?

Jack: No! You're lucky. Wish I was hung.
Carina: Kill the filthy pirate. I'll wait.
J