Chapter XXXIX

The pirates began to fight the guards, but when they thought they had the situation under control, more guards entered the place, leaving the pirates at a disadvantage.

Angelica: We are at a disadvantage.
Ruby: Speak for yourself.
Jack: (To Angelica) Remember who you're talking with! She's the goddess of fire!
Angelica: (While fighting a guard) She. But at least you and I are at a disadvantage.
Jack: (While fighting a guard) You! Not me! Unlike some who pretend to be, but cannot, in fact, hold a candle to, I am Captain Jack Sparrow.
Ruby: And I am Captain Flame! (Whispering Jack) Don't you dare tell that witch my real name.

At one point, Jack accidentally buried his sword in a barrel causing the wine to fall everywhere, then, thinking it would be a good idea, Jack, Ruby and Angelica repeated the same with the other barrels. Even it helped for a while, the three of them ended up surrounded by guards, with no escape. When Angelica noticed that, she activated a lever and opened a trapdoor just below their feet, causing her, along with Jack and Ruby, to fall into the water.

Ruby, noticing the darkness under the water, decided to generate fire with the power of the Five Pieces of Sapphire. Angelica, seeing that impossible action, surprised, opened her mouth so she had to swim even faster to the surface so as not to drown.

《Reaching the surface》
Angelica: (Coughs to spit out the water) That is against laws of nature!
Ruby: I prefer to follow my own laws. The laws of my nature.
Jack: (To Angelica) How can you say I used you?
Angelica: (Swimming to shore) You know exactly how.
Jack: I know, but how can you say it?
Angelica: So, what is it?
Jack: What is what?
Angelica: About the Fountain. (At shore) What do you know?
Jack: (While taking the water from his boots) You don't happen to be in possession of two silver chalices, circa Ponce de Leon?
Angelica: No.
Jack: Ha. Though not.
Angelica: Why?
Jack: I hear stories. Rumors. You are, of course, aware of the ritual.
A

ngelica: Yes, I am.
Jack: Hmm. What is it? What is required? (Receives a numbing dart to the neck from behind and pulls it out)
Angelica: A mermaid, Jack.

Jack: (Falls unconscious to the ground)
Ruby: What did you do to Jack?!
Angelica: I think he should take a nap. And don't feels so powerful as I could do it with you as well.
Ruby: (Generates a suit of fire) You risk burning everything around me. Including you.

 Including you