Chapter XVIII

《In Tortuga》
Jack Sparrow was trying to operate his compass while Ruby had a glass of rum to try to calm her worries.

Gibbs, meanwhile, interviewed the inhabitants of Tortuga, letting them into Jack's crew for then repaying Davy Jones with their souls. Among all the inhabitants who gave their answers, they soon heard a familiar voice.

Ruby: How we going?
Gibbs: Including those four, that gives us... four. (Sees another man approaching) And what's your story?
???: My story. It's exactly the same as your story, just one chapter behind. I chased a man across the seven seas.

Jack and Ruby heard the familiar voice and stopped what they were doing to pay attention to what the man was saying.

???: The pursuit cost me my crew, my commission, and my life. (Grabs Gibbs' bottle of rum and drinks)
Gibbs: Commodore?
James: Not any more! Weren't you listening?! I nearly had you all off Tripoli.

After hearing that, Jack hid behind a plant and Ruby got near Gibbs.

James: I would have, of not for the hurricane.
Gibbs: Lord.
Ruby: You didn't try sail through it?
James: So do I make your crew? Or not? You haven't said where you're going. Somewhere nice?!

James, in that moment, pushed and dropped the table, calling everyone's attention.

James: So am I worthy to serve under Captain Jack Sparrow?!

James, seeing how Jack tried to escape hiding behind a plant, pointed a gun at him.

James: (To Jack) Or should I just kill you now?
Jack: You're hired.
James: (Lets out a little laugh) Sorry. Old habits and all that.
Random Pirage: (Raises him the hand with which he holds the gun) Easy, sailor! That's our captain you're threatening!
Ruby: (Showing a flame of fire) Are you sure you wanna murder your captain?
J

ames: (Surprised) Flame...

James was surprised to see the flame of fire that Ruby generated and for the fear he felt having the goddess of Hell of the Caribbean by his side, he shot the ceiling causing everyone present to start fighting. Ruby, decided to wear the talisman that Jack had given her, and that she had in her pocket, so as not to burn the entire tavern in the fight.

Jack approached Gibbs giving him the order to return to the ship.

Jack: Time to go.
Gibbs: Aye!

Suddenly, Elizabeth arrived at the scene of the fight, saw Ruby and both began to fight together against the other ones.

James: Come on then! Who wants some?! Form an orderly line and I'll have you all, one by one! Come on, who's first?!

Ruby took the bottle of rum from James' hand and smashed it on his head, knocking him to the ground.

Elizabeth: (To Ruby) Well done! (To everyone present) We just wanted the please of doing that by ourselves!
Ruby: Stop worrying about that man! We promise he won't hurt you!
Everyone present: (Celebrate and cheers)