Chapter 57

Yoongi frowns, brow furrowing. "Did you talk to him? I mean, what happened?" He paused, then reached out. "You're not hurt, are you? If you are, I swear to God I will go out there and kick his furry ass."

Jeongguk cackles, his smile breaking his face at the image of Yoongi brandishing his twig and shaking it at the cinnamon colored Beta. Basing on the Beta's reaction to him, he doubted that Yoongi would be able to instill too much fear.

"Yoongi, I am not too sure he would be scared of your spatula or your twig," he jests lightly, wiggling his brows. Yoongi growls at him.

" Branch," he corrects firmly, waving his finger. "And I mean it. Wolf or not, I will kick his furry ass; shove my foot so far up there, we will have to go to the vet to surgically remove it. Along with some other parts."

Jeongguk blinks, pressing his lips together to try and hold in the laughter that was threatening to fall from his mouth at the sheer ferocity of the threat.

"Yoongi, he is a wolf. Not dog. Wolf."

"Fur rug," Yoongi snips, nose in the air. "Don't test me."

Snorting, Jeongguk shook his head. "Well, take it easy. The Beta didn't hurt me. Didn't really do anything except decide to take me for a run."

Yoongi arches a brow. "A run?"

"A run," he repeats, sighing. He winces as he recalls the chase. "I asked who he was, but he didn't really answer. He just... took off."

Yoongi pinches his nose. "Please, tell me that you didn't chase him."

"I chased him, yeah."

Yoongi groans loudly, exasperated. Jeongguk kissed his cheek, but Yoongi only swatted at him with a blank expression. There was no real heat behind his hit, a smile hidden in the corner of his lips.

"So, you chased him and what then?"

"He... outran me," Jeongguk admits, frowning. Yoongi hums, understanding flashing in his gaze. Jeongguk whisked his fingers through his hair. "Sorry. I was hoping he would tell me why he has been lingering around here so much."

"Well, he didn't attack you, so I would say that is a nice plus," Yoongi grunts, wiping his face with his hand. "We will call Jin after we eat something and decide from there. Besides, I think he would like to hear from you."

"Hear from me? Why?" Jeongguk wonders, walking over to his closet and pulling on some boxers, a white shirt, and some jeans.

"Because I called him on what to do during your heat," he explains. Jeongguk flushed but murmured an understanding okay before following Yoongi out of the bedroom and into the living room.

He tried to not think about the odd encounter with the Beta, and instead shoveling food down his throat.

By the time they were done eating and dishes were cleaned, Jeongguk felt like falling asleep and sleeping for a few years. He refrained, letting Yoongi call Seokjin and hand him his phone with a brief explanation on how to use it.

"Yoogni-yah, I swear to God, just fuck him with a fist if all else fails," Seokjin snaps, voice a mix of frustration and utter amusement. "I promise that the Omega can take it, considering we can take knots. Just fuck him good."

"Um, hi?" Jeongguk whispers, eyes blown wide and stomach churning as he stared wide eyed at Yoongi, whose face turned at least forty shades of red.

At the sound of Jeongguk's voice, the older Omega squeaked, coughing wildly in surprise. "Jeonggukkie?" Seokjin shouts, earning a wince from the wolf and a low growl as his ears rang.