Chapter 61

Yoongi moves to stand but before he can even settle his hand in the snow to hoist himself up, he is suddenly whisked into Jeongguk's arms as if he was some damsel in distress and Jeongguk was Prince Charming.

Yoongi glowers, yelping in surprise at suddenly being off the ground as his arms instinctively wrap tighter around his neck to make sure he didn't go tumbling back into the snow.

"Um, I can walk?"

"Yes, of course you can," Jeongguk answers, grinning cutely. "But your ankle is still bad and you can consider us even- considering you carried me into your cabin all that time ago."

Yoongi's mouth ticks. "You just wanted to carry me."

"And I just wanted to carry you," Jeongguk concludes.

"Cheeky brat," Yoongi snaps, desperately trying to ignore the burning in his cheeks.

" Your cheeky brat."

Rolling his eyes, Yoongi didn't even bother to correct him. There was a tiny part of him that didn't mind being carried, and Jeongguk wasn't making a big deal out of it, either.

Normally, Yoongi would throw a huge fit at being so... submissive about it, but he has been caring for Jeongguk for so long, and Jeongguk was doing something tiny to show his thanks for it.

His manhood didn't feel questioned, he just felt cherished. He didn't mind the slight role-reversal. Jeongguk would always be his to care for, but being pampered didn't seem too bad when he felt the need for it. He felt equal, and it was a good feeling.

The two wolves trotted by his side, their shoulders brushing together, and Yoongi was once again taken off guard by the sheer size of Taehyung. He always thought that Jeongguk and Seokjin were large, but seeing Taehyung was like a sheer reality check. He made Jeongguk seem like a pup.

They walked in silence. Jeongguk just held him tightly within his grasp, and the wolves followed his trail easily. Yoongi wasn't sure why none of them spoke, or well, it wasn't like Taehyung and Jimin could speak, but he knew they had their own way of communicating.

But they didn't seem to want to. Each lost within their minds and tangled thoughts, and that was okay. Yoongi was still processing everything that had happened within a span of an hour.

When the outline of the cabin reached Yoongi's gaze, he sighs softly in relief. He felt beyond frozen. His fingers were stiff and aching from the numbing cold, body shivering so harshly that he was sure his teeth were clicking, and his feet had long gone numb.

Jeongguk tightened his hold a fraction, and Yoongi pressed a small kiss to his neck in reassurance. The Omega hadn't hesitated once as he climbed up the porch, bare feet barely making a sound against the wood, and shoving open the door.

Taehyung and Jimin, however, stop at the first stair. The Beta was pacing lightly, Jimin remaining still and unsure as he stares after the duo with flat ears. Jeongguk pauses, glancing back towards them both.

"No harm will come to you here," he whispers, and Yoongi knows with their wolven hearing, they can hear him. "Come inside."

Leaving the door open, Jeongguk walks further inside. He sets Yoongi on the couch, already darting off and returning wearing some clothes and carrying a bundle of fresh clothes for Yoongi.

Not caring about the aspect of eyes watching, Yoongi strips out of his soaked clothing and lets them tumble to the floor as he dresses quickly in warm clothes. Jeongguk stokes the fire, the warmth slowly returning to Yoongi's battered body.

The telltale sign of claws against wood told Yoongi that the two wolves had made their choice, slipping into the cabin with noses pressed to the floor and tails tucked uneasily between their legs.