Chapter 11

Kuroo drove to a nearby shopping distract that was known to be the hotspot for teens to hangout. There were dozens of stores filled with clothes, plushies and fun decorative items. The first store you forced Kuroo into was filled with Anime merch, manga and even cosplay items. You strolled through isles excitedly grabbing things and piled them into his arms. When his arms were too full he disappeared to the front counter to drop it off. He came back a few minutes later with his hands hidden behind his back smiling rather evilly.

"So remember how I wanted to find you something to wear later?" he said, his grin growing bigger. Afraid of the look on his face you gave a slow nod. "I found it, close your eyes" you obliged closing your eyes. You felt something like a headband be slipped onto your head. "okay open them" you quickly opened your eyes and then the flash of his camera went off. Blinking to clear your vision you reached up to feel what he had put on you. Blood quickly rushed to your face turning you a bright shade of red when you realized it was a pair of cat ears.

"I am not wearing these!!" you said snatching them off your head in embarrassment.

"Oh come on!" he said pulling you into his arms. "I think their sexy" he whispered into your neck making the red in your cheeks brighter. "Plus I already bought them for you and it'd be rude not to wear my gift" he teased.

"If I'm going to wear these then I want you to wear something too" you countered.

"Oh yea? I'm down to roleplay Chibi-Chan, who do you want me to be? Sexy police officer? Fireman? Maybe a naughty nurse?" he laughed.

"Nope wait here" you said giggling and running off. After a few minutes you returned placing a few items in his hands.

"What is this supposed to be?" he asked confused.

"Are you serious? Wait do you not watch Anime????" you asked shocked. "if not I don't think we can hangout anymore because you clearly are not cool enough for me" you teased shaking your head as if you were disappointed.

"I don't get to watch much tv, its just constant practice, games and school" he shrugged.

"Well my very uncultured friend, that is the mask and headband of Hatake Kakashi from Naruto. He is commonly known as the copycat ninja, Sensei, and total badass of the Hidden Leaf Village." You pulled out your phone unlocking it and showing him your background photo of Kakashi.

"How can someone so sexy, cool and smart also be such a weeb?" he said laughing.

"Because weebs are sexy, and just so you know these arnt the only pair of cat ears I own" you said with a wicked smile. His face quickly changed into one of surprise and his cheeks got an adorable dusting of pink. "Now stop making fun off me because I'm ready to checkout and we have other stores to go to" you said walking away towards the front counter.

The next several stores were filled with clothes. You picked up several new shirts and pants, Kuroo found three skirts he insisted you needed. Moving to the outdoorsy area you picked up several things for a surprise you had planned for the boys after the training camp in a few weeks. Sneaking away from Kuroo you also found him an outfit and then made your way to the counter. Shortly after checking out he found you.

"There you are, was wondering where you went off too. Did you find some cool stuff?" he asked. You handed him the bag with the outfit you purchased for him.

"I got you this, its not exactly your normal style but I think it'll look good and maybe you can wear it on our next date" you said a bit shyly. He took the bag checking out its contents.

 He took the bag checking out its contents

"Second date huh?" he teased. "I guess my charm is working pretty well on you, better be careful though or you'll fall in love with me" he smiled.

"Ha! What charm? And trust me pretty boy you are the one who needs to be careful because I'll break your heart" you said teasingly.

He stepped closer, bringing his lips nearly touching yours "If only I could be so lucky" he pulled back grabbing your hand and lead you to the next store.

After a few more stores neither of you could carry anymore bags and decided to head to the next destination. It only took seconds to fill the trunk and backseat with your shopping bags. You went to go get in the passenger seat when your phone rang.

"Hello" You answered. It was Noya calling to let you know how the game went and you could hear the sadness in his voice. He sounded on the verge of tears which broke your heart. After he gave you a very detailed synopsis of the games he explained coach was treating them to dinner. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there, but ill see you in a few minutes okay?" you said ending the call.

"Guessing the game didn't go so well?" Kuroo asked concerned.

"No not at all and they all sound so sad, I need to go be with them. I don't want to cut our date short though, would you mind going to my house and waiting for me? If you don't want to I understand and we can plan something for another night" you explained.

"I'm good to wait, ill drive you back to your bike and then just meet you at your house later" he smiled. You both got in the car and he took you back to the arena to get your bike. Giving him the key to your house you let him know you would text when you were headed that way and then set off on your bike to meet your team.

It was a quick trip to the restaurant that Ukai had taken everyone too. Making your way in it didn't take long to find your team but once you found them your heart broke into a million pieces. They were all silently eating while tears streamed down their cheeks. You quickly made your way to the empty place next to Noya that he had obviously saved for you. Taking a seat next to him you gently wiped the tears from his cheek. He rested his head on your shoulder still shoving food into his mouth which made you want to giggle.

Daichi made eye contact for a few seconds and then looked away clearly upset, problem was you didn't know if it was about the game or you not being there.

The dinner was silent, no-one talked, the room was just filled with sniffles. You couldn't take how sad your friends were anymore so decided to try and cheer them up.

" I've got an idea to cheer you up Noya" he raised his head off your shoulder looking at you. " Wanna come stay the night with me, You and Tanaka, and ill even let you both sleep with me this time" you said smiling. His face instantly lit up in a huge smile.

"Count us in!" Noya exclaimed clearly excited.

"Okay good, I need to run home and get a few things ready. Just come over after you guys get back and get a shower, okay?" you stood up to leave.

"Okay we will see you then" Tanaka said excited.

You then walked over to Daichi and crouched down beside him. "I know today didn't go how you had hoped but from what I heard you guys played hard and I couldn't be prouder. I'm sorry I wasn't there." You gave his cheek a quick kiss and left. Once outside you sent a quick text to Kuroo, deciding to tell him about the boys coming over in person.

The trip home went quickly and when you got home you quickly explained to Kuroo the situation.

"So how long till they get here?" he asked.

"I'm not sure, probably about an hour" you answered.

"Okay that'll be plenty of time" you looked at him confused. He quickly swooped you up wrapping your legs around his waist. He held you with one arm using his free hand to put the cat ears on you. You gave him an annoyed look which made him laugh as he carried you to the bedroom.

*Next chapter isnt a lemon just to be clear haha!  Thank you to the few of you who have read this story. Working to add more depth to each relationship, because we are about to hit the training camp where my favorite boy will be added into the mix (Bokuto) and i have 2 very fun ideas for scenes with him, not sure if ill do one or both, we shall see. Still trying to figure out where to add the Oikawa scene but have a few ideas about Ushijima. Also trying to slowly figure out who reader will end up with, might do a poll once it comes time to choose or might just see where the story goes, who knows might end up running away with Coach Ukai haha!