Part 59

After the trip turned out slightly longer than it originally should have, Jaehyun let out a long sigh as he stepped out of the white Porsche

After the trip turned out slightly longer than it originally should have, Jaehyun let out a long sigh as he stepped out of the white Porsche. His luggage in one hand, car key in another, he locked the vehicle and began making his way out of the garage.

Just after taking a few steps on the metallic staircase that went up, he immediately heard the slightly distant voice: "Jaehyun!"

Now a beaming smile on his face, he reached the first floor, immediately greeted by a warm hug. Jaehyun dropped everything and held up the legs that she had wrapped around him, then recieving a sweet kiss on the cheek.

"Hello baby girl. Missed me?" He showed off his dimples as he smiled, and Sebin playfully rolled her eyes.

"I swear, I was barely able to last another day without you."
"Sure, sure." Jaehyun chuckled, leaning in for a small peck on the lips before putting the girl down.

"I'll go put away your stuff, just wait for me here." Sebin was clearly extremely excited for his return, and she grabbed all the things that he had dropped before dashing up the stairs.

Jaehyun's eyes followed her figure up until the moment that she disappeared behind the corner, a soft smile on his lips.

"Welcome back, Jaehyun." He heard the familiar voice, turning to find Haeun had sneaked up on him.

"Hey."
"I'm glad everything went according to plan." The gang leader was clearly relieved. "For that I'll give you a week off. You deserve it."

"A week? Woah, you never do these kinds of rewards. What's gotten into you?" Jaehyun exclaimed in awe.

"I'm not doing it just for you." Haeun rolled her eyes, before subtly pointing upstairs towards where Sebin had gone. "She's been visiting my office almost every day, and although I love her to death, there's only enough whining about you not being back that I can take."

"Understood. I'll make good use of the week then." Jaehyun let out a loud, energetic laugh.

"Oh, also." Haeun cleared her throat, ushering her voice. "When you're free, come to my office. There's something we need to talk about."

"Huh?" He tilted his head in confusion, but neither of them got the chance to speak any further as they heard the drumming footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Ok, I'm back! Oh hey Haeun, how are you?" Sebin asked with an ear-to-ear smile, clinging onto Jaehyun's arm.

"I'm good, just welcoming him back. I'll call down the members, since lunch will be served soon." The younger girl smiled, before walking off, leaving the couple alone.

Jaehyun turned to look down on his girlfriend, immediately making eye contact with her extremely excited and curious eyes.

"What?" He chuckled.

"Are you tired at all?"
"No, I slept in today. What's up?"
"I wanna take you out on a date today."

"You're going to take me out on a date? Haven't heard that one before." Jaehyun poked her humorously.