Part 29

"You fucking idiots, you're not even there and you're already acting like this

"You fucking idiots, you're not even there and you're already acting like this.... I'm being rude? At least I didn't mess up the way Johnny! Yes, yes, I said that, beat me up later if you can. Just do your fucking job, especially you Naeun since I haven't decided whether or not you're completely useless." Renjun went on and on, enjoying the freedom of speech without being destroyed on the spot. All of the insults and swearing he had been holding back for days were spilling out in the most disrespectful ways.

Upon receiving an equally angered response by Naeun from the other side of the headphone, he turned down his volume in order to shut her out. Just then, his ears picked up an unusually loud and weird sound. Now alerted, Renjun decided to completely take off his headphones and slowly get up from his chair. He walked over to the tiny gap in between the door that was only slightly opened, he peered out into the cold, silent hallway. He didn't lose time as he looked around, his extremely good eyesight not finding anything special. With a shrug, the boy turned back into his computer room of darkness. 

Sebin exhaled a breath of relief as she looked out from around the corner, seeing Renjun nowhere in sight and hearing as his chair squeaked under his weight. Now deciding to be more careful, she avoided the piece of furniture she had stubbed her toe in previously, and continued her journey.

Walking up to the office hallway, her eyes were dead set on the wooden drawer there. As she reached it, she began closely inspecting the rough and ancient-looking surface, which seemed completely out of place with the modern architecture of the rest of the mansion. Sebin squirmed her eyes, trying to figure out how she had gone down last time.

That's when she saw it.

The tiniest, microscopic sensor repetitively blinking a dim red light greeted her as she stared down right into it. Initially thinking it was a camera, Sebin jerked away, her heart clutching with the anxiety and fear of being caught. But she quickly recognized that it was most likely not the case as she would have been discovered earlier, that's why she went back to her investigation.

This time, she stood at the right side of the dressed, leaning against the suspicious wall behind her. She also decided to let her hand hover on top of the supposed sensor.

And with just that magic happened.

Because soon enough, Sebin found herself whimpering ever so slightly as the machinery was set off and she soon disappeared down into the wonders of the huge room.

Oh, and it was just as impressive as the first time she had seen it.

Rows and rows of giant, tall shelves lined the place, the extremely dim lights littered around randomly giving it a mysterious and eerie feeling. A cold shiver ran down Sebin's spine as she stepped out onto the concrete floor, the room obviously not receiving any heating whatsoever. But that wasn't much of a problem for her anyway.

Drowning in her own foolish confidence, the girl continued stepping forward, right to the place where she had found herself last time. Right in front of the epic sniper rifle.