Part 73

The first rays of sunshine colored the sky into a soft orangey-yellow shade

The first rays of sunshine colored the sky into a soft orangey-yellow shade. The birds were beginning to chirp in the trees, and other small animals left their prints on the small layer of snow covering the ground.

The pool of blood that had once been at the doorway was now gone, leaving the floor perfectly clean as if it hadn't been there in the first place. Otherwise, the house remained the same- with the occasional creaks that symbolized its age, the furniture untouched and the solemn, slightly creepy feeling remaining.

A figure emerged from the front door of the house, a black trench coat trailing behind him as he stepped out into the cold winter air. In the inner pocket of the coat he bore the murder weapon, the gun, that had now been emptied and secured.

The man walked hastily towards the black van out front, meeting with the person standing beside him.

"I gotta say." He began in a murky, quiet voice. "That headshot was pretty impressive. The guy's completely battered."

"That's not the time to think about that, Yuta." Johnny let out a rough sigh, a hand sliding on his face in frustration. "Did you check him? Any identification?"

"Nothing except a fake ID." Yuta yawned, his usual dark eyebags now darker and more defined. "Kun's taking his blood to identify him later."

"Shit." Johnny breathed out, again burying his face in his hands. "This is a total mess."

"Yeah." Yuta replied nonchalantly, turning back to look upon the large house once again.

Sebin was still inside, sitting on the couch with her feet still bare. She'd changed her clothes from the bloodied, white sweatshirt and sweatpants to some black jeans and a large red college hoodie. Her face was unreadable- she was simply staring at the ground ahead of her with an empty expression. The only sign of her true distress was her shuddering body, a lasting effect from what had happened only a couple of hours previously.

The guy that had come into her house was a young man, with dark hair and a small face. He had a gun and a couple of knives on him, and was clearly intending to either take or kill her. But somehow having seen his lifeless body rotting at the door to her room had made Sebin feel completely shit about herself.

The horrifying images from the night before still couldn't leave her mind.

As soon as the gunshot run through the air and Sebin heard the footsteps stop, she dared to open an eye up. In front of her, the man had stopped dead in his tracks at the entrance of her room, eyes wide above the dark mask covering the rest of his face. However, that small moment did not last long as he soon fell backwards, the loud sound of his body slamming against the floor echoing in the hallway beyond.

At first, Sebin had been frozen in place, eyes wide and hands still strongly clutching onto the gun in her hand. The love she'd once held for the cold and smooth metal of its surface had evaporated into thin air, and now the weapon felt heavy and disgraceful in her trembling hands.

However, after her initial shock, the tears that had been threatening to come out of her eyes finally gave in, and as she proceeded to drop the gun and slowly crawl towards the body, they were already dripping down onto the ground. Sebin didn't notice the blood soaking her trousers as she inched closer, the alarms in her head still blaring and telling her not to.

But they didn't have to. Because the guy was dead.

That's when the second stage of panic set in, and with a scream, Sebin jumped away from the corpse and back towards the edge of the desk where she had been earlier. She was panting heavily, the realization of what she had just done setting in, and her mind just couldn't deal with it.

That's what caused her to make cloudy decisions, and her bloodied hand reached into the pocket of her sweatpants, taking out her phone. Without much of a thought in her mind, she dialed the first person she could think of at that moment and anxiously put the phone up to her ear.

Although it did ring for a while, eventually he picked up.

"What do you want." Were the first things that Sebin heard over the line, but she wasn't bothered with the hostility of the words at that moment.

"I-i... J-Jaehyun, I-" She began, her lips quivering so hard that she wasn't even able to say anything.

"What?" Jaehyun's voice sounded again, but this time it wasn't as hostile and annoyed as before, just plainly confused.

"I- he's d-dead. I-i shot h-him." Sebin blurted out, her own words making her stomach squeeze tightly with pressure.

"What?!" The voice became louder and a small sound was heard from the other side of the line. "What do you mean? You did what?!"

"I killed him." She whispered quietly, feeling her limps going limp and her hand could barely hold the phone as to how much it was shaking.

And everything after that was pretty much a blur.

Sebin remembers that the phone was given to someone else, and she recognized Haeun's voice giving her immediate instructions. But Sebin couldn't speak or do much, and she simply cried and freaked out over the phone.

A couple of hours later, a black van had pulled up in front of her family home, and Yuta, Johnny, Kun and Mark had come to the scene. They had cleaned up everything, taken Sebin's gun off of her and made her go take a long shower and change. The whole situation was a mess and Sebin had stayed barely coherent throughout it, but none of hem really blamed her.

Soon enough, Kun appeared at the door, and quietly made his way over to the couch to sit beside Sebin.

"Everything's cleaned up, so you don't need to worry about anything." He spoke softly and in a comforting manner, but his words clearly weren't getting through to her.

He sighed. "Haeun said you'll have to come with us. Back to the mansion."

"What about my family?"

"That's getting figured out right now. They won't be in danger."

"That man..." She let out a shaky breath. "How did he know where I was? Who sent him?"

"That's not something that you should be thinking about right now." Kun assured her. "You should get packed up. It's better to leave before your family sees you like this."

Sebin pulsed her lips together and nodded slightly, before getting the energy to finally stand up.

"I'll be packed in 15 minutes." She announced dryly, before slowly walking away.

" She announced dryly, before slowly walking away