Part 66

"Ah shit

"Ah shit." The groan sounded, along with a loud thud.

Sebin was breathing heavily, one hand on her knee to support her bent-over body, the other at her forehead wiping away a droplet of sweat. Her un-brushed hair was tied back into a messy low ponytail, a couple strands remaining to frame her face. Despite the cold mid-December air rushing in through the partially opened window, she wore a thin white crop-top with no bra underneath, low-waisted grey sweats and her feet were bare.

Sebin licked her lips, glancing up at her now not-so-messy apartment.

Yeah. After a couple more days of sadly crashing Jiah's place and eating up the entirety of her ice cream reservoir, Sebin had had enough of her depressed post-breakup phase. The more she thought about Jaehyun's behavior, the angrier she felt, and sadness had quickly turned into anger and then into determination. Therefore, she had finally gotten her ass back to her own place and began getting her life back together, deep cleaning the entire apartment being first thing on her list.

After a couple more deep breaths, Sebin adjusted the round glasses on the bridge of her nose and once again gripped onto the heavy box full of things she was throwing away, then continued her walk to the entryway.

As she was just about done, the sound of her ringtone sounded from the table. With a sharp exhale, Sebin walked over to it, and grabbed the phone to look at the caller ID. It took her aback slightly, but she slid her finger and answered the call nevertheless.

She raised the phone to her ear. "Hi Haeun."

"Hey Sebin. You free?"

Sebin looked around at her living room and kitchen which were clearly still in a mess.

"Yeah, I am."

"Can you come to the base? We need to talk."

"Give me an hour."

"Sure. See you then."

Being back at the NCT headquarters felt strange. No one greeted Sebin at the door and there wasn't a single soul walking around. The mansion felt ghosted and cold. Very cold.

Sebin was beginning to regret having dressed up rather decently if no one was going to see it.

She made her way down the much familiar left hallway, headed straight for the black door located at its end.

"You made it." Haeun's voice greeted her as soon as she walked in.

Sebin sent her a partial nod, though the other girl was too busy staring at her monitor to see that. She then went over to sit down right in front of the bulky desk, sinking into the comfortable chair.