Part 31

The emptiness of the space was almost unsettling, but enjoyable at the same time

The emptiness of the space was almost unsettling, but enjoyable at the same time. The air was fresh, waves of cold, chilly blasts emitted by the complex AC system. Despite looking untouched and almost unused, all of the furniture in the room didn't have a single flake of dust on it's surface. And of course, that's exactly how Sebin liked it.

It was very obvious that the girl hadn't gone to the gym in forever (a year to be exact). From the way that she had no idea what half of the equipment in the room even was to how sloppily she executed the mat exercises she forced herself to remember, she seemed like a complete beginner.

Sebin was utterly exhausted, having been in the empty space for close to 45 minutes by herself, her muscles were practically begging for her to stop working them. Yet she was brimming with determination, her huge pride and competitiveness helping her go on despite the shimmering rivers of cold sweat sliding down her skin. 

Deciding to do probably the worst endurance exercise of them all, the plank, Sebin got into the proper position and lifted herself up. Only after 10 seconds, her breathing rate had already increased, the pain in her forearms, thighs and nonexistent abs strengthening to the point where it seemed like torture. The girl clenched her teeth, trying to hold on as her palms rolled up into shaking fists.

Then about 30 seconds in, she heard the heavy door to the gym open and close for the first time she'd been in there. Sebin tried to look to the left and captures the very well sculptured legs walking towards her. The newcomer was wearing black Nike shoes, paired up with the same colored shorts and t-shirt. He was holding a water bottle in one hand and a small towel in the other, but he quickly dropped them off at the nearest bench before heading straight at her.

"Hey..." Sebin breathed out with great difficulty, turning her head to look back at the matted floor in order to focus on the painful execution of the exercise.

The footsteps only stopped when the person was right beside her, and she could hear their body moving down towards her. But before she could even utter another word, she was interrupted.

The sudden cold touch against the skin of her chin made her shudder. A giant hand wrapped around it, making sure to not grip too hard, thumb caressing her right cheek then sliding down her jawline. And then Sebin gasped as her head was gently turned up and to the side, coming face-to-face with Jaehyun himself.

The girl couldn't help her lips parting the slightest bit as her breath got stuck in her throat. 

He surprisingly looked better than usual, his beautiful fascial features more defined than ever. His jawline was greatly protruding, lips looking plump and soft and his eyes... oh wow she could probably drown in those dark, black hole-like eyes, and she would still say thank you. She swallowed the lump in her throat and her eyes moved down at the same time, falling on his structured collarbone and the droplets of sweat rolling down it so sensually. He was wearing a sleeveless, low-cut t-shirt showing off his amazing pecks and muscular hand-muscles. 

Jaehyun immediately figured she was staring causing him to smirk. He gripped a little tighter on her chin, pulling her even closer. "Liking what you see?"

The snarky comment was what brought Sebin out of her daze, the butterflies that had momentarily appeared in the pit of her stomach disappearing completely. She let out a loud scoff, letting herself fall back onto her butt and away from his reach. Crossing her hands, her eyes looked him up-and-down in disbelief.

"You're so cocky." Was all she managed to blurt out, her mind feeling like a tornado of thoughts and fantasies that she was trying to suppress. 

"Sure, sure, let's pretend that you didn't." Jaehyun chuckled, staring at her with amused eyes. "Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"Working out, can't you see?" Sebin replied, cracking her neck to release the tension.

"Working out? Well that's a first." He exclaimed amused.

The girl sent him yet another glare, which Jaehyun just laughed off again.

"For a fact, I've been working out since I was 16." Sebin defended herself, crossing her hands once again as she frowned.

"Fine, fine. If you need any help, just call me, I'll be somewhere there working on biceps." Jaehyun informed, easily getting up without even using his arms.

"ME needing YOUR help? Never going to happen!" She yelled out after him, but he just laughed it off once again. 

About to exit the gym, Sebin's muscles were crying tears of joy. She had only stayed about 15 minutes after Jaehyun came in, but she had already been exhausted so leaving seemed like heaven.

"Hey, Sebin?"

His words made her halt right in front of the door, and the girl turned her head to look back.

"What?"
"Could you come help me out with this? I can't seem to keep my legs on the floor." Jaehyun explained as he sat down on the mat.

Sebin narrowed her eyes at him as she approached. "What do you mean."
"Sit-ups."
"Oh."

But her feet still stayed rooted to the floor for some reason, her head immersed in thought. Jaehyun narrowed his eyes at her weirdly.

"So are you gonna-"
"Yeah, of course, whatever." She rambled out, dropping her stuff and scurrying in his direction. 

Hey I'm really sorry for not updating

Hey I'm really sorry for not updating. Been kinda busy and I've actually felt really disappointed with this story for some reason :/
I really hope I lachesism at least 80% done soon so I can start the next book of the series :D
Spoiler alert - its Jaemin